Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just need the truth range extenders

Reaction score
FPVLR Yuneec Typhoon H Pro 3-Antenna Long Range Antenna Kit

Does anyone have an opinion on this? And is it worth $170?

Every person I know who has tried those has said they are not worth any where near that kind of money. They do extend the range but apparently no better than less expensive solutions. Also some people have reported the need to concentrate on pointing the antenna directly at the aircraft in order to maintain the signal.

Reactions: Grumpy
And I'll point out that despite them being openly sold they are illegal to use.
FCC Rules prohibit using an antenna other than the one the device was certified with.

Part 15.203 and Part 15.204

47 CFR § 15.203 - Antenna requirement.
47 CFR § 15.204 - External radio frequency power amplifiers and antenna modifications.

§ 15.203 Antenna requirement.
An intentional radiator shall be designed to ensure that no antenna other than that furnished by the responsible party shall be used with the device.

15.204 (c) An intentional radiator may be operated only with the antenna with which it is authorized. If an antenna is marketed with the intentional radiator, it shall be of a type which is authorized with the intentional radiator. An intentional radiator may be authorized with multiple antenna types.

Reactions: Steve Carr
If you are flying H+ Plus, currently the range is more than 1.5KM, is still not enough?
The telemetry and control signal are very robust and need no antenna modifications. The video signal however definitely improves with a better antenna. Tree leaves or flying low will cause the video to break up at much shorter distances.

The telemetry and control signal are very robust and need no antenna modifications. The video signal however definitely improves with a better antenna. Tree leaves or flying low will cause the video to break up at much shorter distances.

I agree. I am very disappointed with the range on the video signal. i was shooting some land real estate video yesterday and the video link was distorting and dropping out at short ranges low to tree tops. Combine that with the lack of camera options such as thermal for the plus and I am second guessing my choice to go with Yuneec over DJI.

I agree. I am very disappointed with the range on the video signal. i was shooting some land real estate video yesterday and the video link was distorting and dropping out at short ranges low to tree tops. Combine that with the lack of camera options such as thermal for the plus and I am second guessing my choice to go with Yuneec over DJI.
Which drone did you use? I can have a try to find if some tips can help on this case.

Just maintain a clear signal path between the controller and the aircraft. It won’t matter if a 2.4 or 5.8 signal is being pushed in full watts if there are obstructions in the signal path.

If people don’t understand how frequencies work they need to invest a little effort in doing so. Sure, short wave length signals can achieve longer ranges with more power but unless there’s enough power to burn a hole through an obstruction the signal won’t be any better if it is being obstructed.

Reactions: AH-1G
I am second guessing my choice to go with Yuneec over DJI.

You might feel that way, until you get locked out by DJI's overly aggressive geofencing that prevents you from flying. And you may, or may not, get unlocked. So every system has its pluses and minuses. Me, I like 6 props and not having to ask China for permission to fly the machine I have already paid good money for.

Might want to actually read the entire DJI end user license agreement before clucking accept or agree. Then again, you won’t have full use of your newly purchased property unless you click agree first.

You might feel that way, until you get locked out by DJI's overly aggressive geofencing that prevents you from flying. And you may, or may not, get unlocked. So every system has its pluses and minuses. Me, I like 6 props and not having to ask China for permission to fly the machine I have already paid good money for.

yeah that's one of the main reasons I stayed away from DJI. plus I like competition and DJI has too much of the market share

They are worth the money. Yuneec does not have the greatest signal out of the box. I do lots of my flying in busy areas and construction worksites.

Reactions: MrHaynes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33