Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just passed my FAA Part 107 Test

Reaction score
Well I studied for awhile and passed my test on the first try. Surprisingly, they asked me none of the hard questions I thought they would. Why do I always study the wrong stuff for a test!!! Lol Just wanted to give a shout out to Terrestrial Imaging, I took several of their 60 question tests for review, I also used RemotePilot101.com for my classes and their tests as well.

Chad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I studied for awhile and passed my test on the first try. Surprisingly, they asked me none of the hard questions I thought they would. Why do I always study the wrong stuff for a test!!! Lol Just wanted to give a shout out to Terrestrial Imaging, I took several of their 60 question tests for review, I also used RemotePilot101.com for my classes and their tests as well.

Chad

Congratulations! What was your score? Im using remotepilot101.com also. What practice tests did you use? Remotepilot101.com or other tests?

Bill W.

Reactions: Ralphy
I took practice tests from both Terrestrial Imaging's website and Remote Pilot, was getting scores in the 90's on all the quizzes. But I only got a 77% on the actual test. Although, I didn't feel like I had missed that many. But the girl at the testing center said I did really well because a lot of people fail it. I was surprised to hear that.

I took practice tests from both Terrestrial Imaging's website and Remote Pilot, was getting scores in the 90's on all the quizzes. But I only got a 77% on the actual test. Although, I didn't feel like I had missed that many. But the girl at the testing center said I did really well because a lot of people fail it. I was surprised to hear that.

Also, I had absolutely NO Long/Lat Questions no where is the airplane relative to the runway questions, which really pissed me off!! Lol

Haha...my biggest problem is weather. I mess those up on remotepilot101.com

Bill W.

Yeah, Sable and unstable definitions seem backwards to me. But I only got 2 generic questions on weather and it was the standard day type question, and a what would you expect to see in unstable weather. Only math question I got was what would the weight be on an object weighing 37 lbs at a 60 degree angle, piece of cake. and the 45 degree question from the same chart which was covered in Remote 101.

What is the math equation for that? I missed that one and only get it right cause its the same question and i know the answer.

Bill W.

What is the math equation for that? I missed that one and only get it right cause its the same question and i know the answer.

Bill W.

They give you a chart you just take the weight and multiply that by the number next to the percentage they give you like at 60 degrees the force is 1.055. So it would be the weight times 1.055.

Also there are over a 1000 questions they can draw from. I noticed 1 important item that I didn't know how to do. Measure nautical miles on a VFR Chart. So I have to guestimate which towers they were referring to on those questions. Propbably why I missed so many.

Also, I had absolutely NO Long/Lat Questions no where is the airplane relative to the runway questions, which really pissed me off!! Lol

You got lucky, I'm sure there is more than one version of the test and you got the "easier" one. A buddy's test had a lot of very hard questions, which I'm sure some he didn't study for and barely passed. Congrats.

6000' to a nautical mile. There's a map scale in the test supplement. Congrats on passing.

Chad

Are you going to ask Yuneec for the super deluxe firmware key to let you fly your H now anywhere regardless of proximity to NFZ? :p

I have one of those but because of it the responsibility level increases. There's nothing in place warning you of a restricted location. It's up to you to check the charts so more care goes into flight planning.

I will be asking for that, only because practically the entire city of Palm Springs falls within the airport, but I also plan on meeting with the airport administrator and requesting permission for flights up to a max height limit of 100' possibly even 50-75'. Unless I'm shooting a large compound/estate property I can't see the need to fly much higher than that to capture a property.

Reactions: Mark Hemingway
Congratulations. I plan on beginning to study for mine soon. Any tips other than the sources you used to study? Did you use any other additional study materials? How long did you spend in actual study?

Congratulations ChadCloses. Spent some time in Palm Springs several years ago and from seeing the layout there I think you will find yourself needing to fly at more than 100' example Bob Hopes old house you would need be up pretty high to capture the property

You got some big estates and a lot of golf courses that you may find a need to fly on

It would be nice to take the lift up to the top and be able to see the entire valley

Good luck and fly as often as you can

Reactions: ChadCloses
Congratulations. I plan on beginning to study for mine soon. Any tips other than the sources you used to study? Did you use any other additional study materials? How long did you spend in actual study?

I only used the RemotePilot101 course to study, but I also read the material from the FAA Unmanned Pilot book found on the FAA website, pretty much the same thing Remote Pilot 101 goes over. I probably studied for a week week and a half, but I took hand written notes on every course video so that added quite a bit of time to completing the course.

Chad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my