Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just tragic...

Words cannot express this horrific loss. The Forrest was a remarkable piece of engineering.

A report says that many of the priceless treasures were saved.....however the world has lost one of the most iconic structures on the planet. Not since WWII have we lost something of this magnitude. It’s an absolute tragedy.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Hopefully they will be forward thinking enough to take advantage of the opportunity to simultaneously address, whatever degree of river level rise that will occur on the Seine, over the next 100 years or so... during the rebuilding process.

At least arson was ruled out to indicate no malicious intent! Not a very bright side, but one nonetheless.

A report says that many of the priceless treasures were saved.....however the world has lost one of the most iconic structures on the planet. Not since WWII have we lost something of this magnitude. It’s an absolute tragedy.

It’s a miracle that fire wasn’t more of a loss than it was. Considering the magnitude of the structure and the flames quickly consuming old timber, they did a **** of a job getting it under control and saving what they did.

Despite centuries of efforts to preserve this priceless architecture, including assuring bombers in WWII avoided the area, it was severely damaged by a common fire, something that could have occurred at any time previously.

I have to ask the obvious. How many centuries are required for someone to be forward thinking enough to recognize a massive wood structure is a tremendous fire risk and implement a fire suppression system?

Last edited:
And thus begins the inevitable debate over the integrity of the restoration to the original vs. installing technology to attempt to prevent this from re-occurring... all while working within the constraints of remaining an active church, as well as a global landmark. I hold little hope of them successfully meeting a 5 year timeframe... but if it does, I'll give all credit to God for creating a miracle.

Both sides will have valid points... it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

locals feel very bad !
Everybody here believe the 5 years deadline is not realistic at all.
It is another government false promise" :(

Thanks to all for being concerned by this disaster!

locals feel very bad !
Everybody here believe the 5 years deadline is not realistic at all.
It is another government false promise" :(

Thanks to all for being concerned by this disaster!
I don't believe it either. If they were to suggest 50 years I could believe that, but just 5 years? Wishful thinking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace