Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

KAV Status???

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is going on with KAV? I've called and emailed them all week for an update for my drone thats been there for over a month. KAV told me 2 weeks ago that it needs to be replaced. The last I heard was that they are waiting for Yuneec to have replacements. I called Yuneec and they said they will contact them and email me the status. All I got was an email stating they received the drone and will update me when there is a change.. WELL NO KIDDING I HAD THAT UPDATE A MONTH AGO!!!!

Does anyone know what is going on with KAV? I've called and emailed them all week for an update for my drone thats been there for over a month. KAV told me 2 weeks ago that it needs to be replaced. The last I heard was that they are waiting for Yuneec to have replacements. I called Yuneec and they said they will contact them and email me the status. All I got was an email stating they received the drone and will update me when there is a change.. WELL NO KIDDING I HAD THAT UPDATE A MONTH AGO!!!!

The last I saw the customer portal was still in working order on their website. Try inputting your number and see what information they return. I did see in another thread where Yuneec CS told a member that shipments of new drones from China have encountered a delay. If yours was being replaced that could be a factor, although I agree that you should be kept abreast of the status without jumping through hoops. Being without your property that long can be very frustrating and as a customer the canned waiting on parts is a bitter pill to swallow.

Yes everything is working on KB’s website and I did put info and I did request an update on my actual ticket on their portal. Again not really sure what’s going on but this isn’t right what they’re doing. If they’re waiting for parts that’s all they have to say is we’re waiting for parts. You just aren’t supposed to leave a customer hanging.

The last I saw the customer portal was still in working order on their website. Try inputting your number and see what information they return. I did see in another thread where Yuneec CS told a member that shipments of new drones from China have encountered a delay. If yours was being replaced that could be a factor, although I agree that you should be kept abreast of the status without jumping through hoops. Being without your property that long can be very frustrating and as a customer the canned waiting on parts is a bitter pill to swallow.

Reactions: WernerJB
I'm extremely concerned about KAV right now. I've received emails from a couple subscribers who have drones at KAV - and the company has gone completely silent. They don't answer phones, they don't return calls or emails. One subscriber called their parent company - Kent-A-Vision - and spoke with someone there who assured them all was well. But now the parent company has gone black as well. I tried calling their main number and no one answered.

I have a call scheduled with Yuneec support for later this afternoon. Assuming they actually call, I hope to get some more information about what is going on.

I was getting very suspicious as well. My H520 was with them since Aug 30, with a no connection issue. Fortunately (maybe) my H520 was "repaired" and shipped out just as they started to go "dark". I had my drone shipped to a drop ship depot and haven't picked it up yet, so do not know if it was fixed or not, and I had several phone calls and emails go without response at the end. I wanted to get a repair report on my H520 as to what they diagnosed, the repair procedure, and the testing results...... I got no response at all.

Well, I talked to Yuneec - and I know absolutely nothing more than I know now.

It was remarkable how little the guy knew. Here's a bit of how the conversation went. Imagine his comments in the most deadpanned, apathetic tone possible:

Me: KAV has gone completely off the radar. They aren't answering any calls.
Him: Yeah, I'd heard that from a few people. You might try emails.
Me: We've been trying the emails and gotten no response.
Him: Ah.
Me: So are they still in business or what?
Him: Well, I mean, yeah. As far as we know it's business as usual.
Me: Can you tell me the status of my drone?
Him: Well, you can try using the order tracker on the website.
Me: Yuneec's website?
Him: No, KAV's website.
Me: We've already tried that and they don't respond to that either.
Me: My repair has been going on for months.
Him: Yeah, the repairs are taking a long time because they don't have parts, and the replacements are taking a long time because we're out of inventory.
Me: So do you know when you'll get more inventory?
Him: No . . . no idea.
Me: People are really getting tired of the delays. I ordered the H+ in March. It's almost November and I haven't been able to fly it yet.
Him: Yeah, I can understand how that would be frustrating.
Me: The last I talked to them they had repaired it once. That failed. I sent it back and they repaired it again. That failed their testing. So they said they contacted Yuneec and were awaiting a replacement drone.
Him: Yeah, so if that's they said, they're just waiting on inventory.
Me: But you can't tell me when more drones will arrive?
Him: No. You can try calling back next week to see if we know any more.

Utterly, completely frustrating.

Maybe we should report this to the Raytown police department. Seriously we have sent our drones in for service and for weeks have not been able to get in touch with anyone. Maybe they jumped ship with our drones and are reselling them... Maybe they are being held hostage for something.... Who knows but when I send a 2000$ drone to a business I would expect someone to at least return a call.
Here is the police info if anyone else wants in.

It was remarkable how little the guy knew. Here's a bit of how the conversation went. Imagine his comments in the most deadpanned, apathetic tone possible:

Him: Yeah, the repairs are taking a long time because they don't have parts, and the replacements are taking a long time because we're out of inventory.
Me: People are really getting tired of the delays. I ordered the H+ in March. It's almost November and I haven't been able to fly it yet.
Me: The last I talked to them they had repaired it once. That failed. I sent it back and they repaired it again. That failed their testing. So they said they contacted Yuneec and were awaiting a replacement drone.

You're best bet is to call the State Business Bureau (Department), maybe someone there can assist you? It would be better for all of you that have your drone at KAV to call the department.

Last edited:
Agreed. As for Hugo’s suggestion, the police will firmly inform people that monitoring a business is not something they’ll do.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
You're best bet is to call the State Business Bureau (Department), maybe someone there can assist you? It would be a better for all of you that have your drone at KAV to call the department.

I've found the links for the California and Missouri State Attorney Offices for Consumer Protection - If I don't get some information by Monday I'll be filing formal complaints against Yuneec and KAV.

I've found the links for the California and Missouri State Attorney Offices for Consumer Protection - If I don't get some information by Monday I'll be filing formal complaints against Yuneec and KAV.
Target KAV first not Yuneec, Yuneec is to big for them, KAV is the little guy and they rather spend resources after them.

Perhaps they know more, but aren't allowed to say?

I wasn't going to address this as I want them to "monitor" a business. When I do call it will be a theft claim. If someone has something of mine and and hasn't responded to calls or emails for weeks I would consider that theft...

Agreed. As for Hugo’s suggestion, the police will firmly inform people that monitoring a business is not something they’ll do.

I wasn't going to address this as I want them to "monitor" a business. When I do call it will be a theft claim. If someone has something of mine and and hasn't responded to calls or emails for weeks I would consider that theft...
Don't know about US, but if a company goes out of business here, you may not get anything back, you join a queue of creditors for hopefully some reimbursment, not a good position to be in I'm afraid. Let's hope something positive happens soon.

Don't know about US, but if a company goes out of business here, you may not get anything back, you join a queue of creditors for hopefully some reimbursment, not a good position to be in I'm afraid. Let's hope something positive happens soon.

That would be true for the company's assets, but the drones at KAV are the property of the customers. Why would creditors have any claim to them?

That would be true for the company's assets, but the drones at KAV are the property of the customers. Why would creditors have any claim to them?
There were problems here when Jessops a large camera chain went bust, locating and finding equipment, some lost their stuff, obviously KAV isn't a nationwide store as far as I know.

I have news from Yuneec about the situation with KAV Service. I'm putting it together into a script so I can put out a video on it. I hope to have that done as soon as this evening.

Waiting on video... if you don’t finish it how about just typing the info you have.

Thank you

I have news from Yuneec about the situation with KAV Service. I'm putting it together into a script so I can put out a video on it. I hope to have that done as soon as this evening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech