Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lack of sats and windy conditions.

Reaction score
Where I live I have 2 issues with my q500 ,not enough satellites and wind. I learnt to fly my drones because of this but I have found that with wind there no such things as landing. They are controlled crash landing as jet pilots say. And the most vulnerable part is the gimbal and camera. So I needed to find areas that give softer crash landings. Not easy. Not one to be beaten I am in the process of making a catch net. Anyone got any ideas?

were are you where it is always windy? can you hand catch the Q? build a 10foot x 10foot x 10foot portable tent like structure, one side and top does not have covers. Like flying into a hanger. Frame made out of PVC.

Two long retractable tent poles, One cross member between poles Four heavy duty rope stays attached to top structure into ground. Bird netting over cross member, draped over stays. All portable. Thats how to catch the bird.

I live in Western Australia north of Perth. We fall over if there is no wind. :),known as the windy coast, can blow up 20+kms for weeks. Looking at a similar idea to AH-1g. Got the netting and some pvc but needs more pvc

Thanks, if you can frame out 3 sides of the structure and put up some type of netting that will help minimize the wind you can enter the portable structure then land rather than have the net catch it. My concern is eventually you may damage the craft. I guess where y'all are the hairdo business is non existent?:eek:o_O

The difficulty with that is the wind here and the mobility of it. There will be a chance of damage but hopefully less with a catch net. Catching by hand in wind is near impossible without injury, I tried and have the healing scars to show for it. I even tried those filleting gloves. The motors still spinning for a bit after you press the stop button is the problem. Anyway thanks, solving this is the mission

yes mobility and set up would be very time consuming. Hope you find something suitable. :cool:

G'Day Darky. Ive been up your way before!.. Beautiful part of Oz, ya lucky bugger. Post some vids sometime... Ok - landing wise, forget about the weird landing cage thingy (what the f... k??? [emoji54])... Just need to learn how to catch her mate... Fly it in angle mode, bring down to above head height, then put into turtle mode and 'finetune' your height and location.. Grab a leg and hit the red button... I never ground land anymore... [emoji16]... @satellite problem, sadly, that's gonna be a sacrifice for living in gods country..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox