Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing gear issues

Reaction score
Took my Typhoon H on it’s maiden flight today. When I raised the landing gear, the right side went up and the left stayed down. Cycled the switch several times, and left side slowly went up and got stuck half way, I had plenty of battery life, so cycled several times and finally got both to come down and figured better leave them down. Anyone ever seen this?

Took my Typhoon H on it’s maiden flight today. When I raised the landing gear, the right side went up and the left stayed down. Cycled the switch several times, and left side slowly went up and got stuck half way, I had plenty of battery life, so cycled several times and finally got both to come down and figured better leave them down. Anyone ever seen this?
The gear often gets stuck from hard handling during shipping. Anytime you have a problem with the gear, remove the camera, turn the H on it's back and cycle the gear a few times. When the gear is new it's very tight and loosens up over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkC
The gear often gets stuck from hard handling during shipping. Anytime you have a problem with the gear, remove the camera, turn the H on it's back and cycle the gear a few times. When the gear is new it's very tight and loosens up over time.
Hey Steve...I have 16 flights on my H and the left landing gear still acts up every 2 or 3 flights...doesn't want to come down..at first I thought maybe the temps, -14/15C...today was 6C...2 flights were mint...the 3rd I had to turn the H on it's back and cycle the toggle to get things back to normal

Hey Steve...I have 16 flights on my H and the left landing gear still acts up every 2 or 3 flights...doesn't want to come down..at first I thought maybe the temps, -14/15C...today was 6C...2 flights were mint...the 3rd I had to turn the H on it's back and cycle the toggle to get things back to normal
Remove that side by removing the two screws that hold it in place and slide the gear out. Loosen the 5 case screws a half turn or so and put the gear back on the H. Then cycle the gear a few times to see if it loosens up. Leave it like that for a few flights and see if it improves. I'm guessing it's just very tight since it's new. Warmer weather will help.

Remove that side by removing the two screws that hold it in place and slide the gear out. Loosen the 5 case screws a half turn or so and put the gear back on the H. Then cycle the gear a few times to see if it loosens up. Leave it like that for a few flights and see if it improves. I'm guessing it's just very tight since it's new. Warmer weather will help.
Warmer weather will help...I hope that includes me

My new H Pro RS had 1 side that wouldn’t budge even after loosening the 5 screws holding side plate. Ended up pulling plate off and noticed the servo’s center shaft & shim washers were not in the little case indention hole... rather pinched tight. Removing shaft and reinstalling corrected the problem and great now... even 10 degrees temp.

Might be something to inspect.

Last edited:
My new H Pro RS had 1 side that wouldn’t budge even after loosening the 5 screws holding side plate. Ended up pulling plate off and noticed the servo’s center shaft & shim washers were not in the little case indention hole... rather pinched tight. Removing shaft and reinstalling corrected the problem and great now... even 10 degrees temp.

So far Steve's suggestion seems to of helped...while I had my allen keys out I checked all the screws and found a bunch snug but not really tight...the tightest were the screws on the main indicator light cover...thanks for the tip Steve...if it acts up again I will try your fix Doug...thanks

I found the same issue with mine. Realigned the small washers at the top of shaft and seems to be working much better. I’ll test it later this afternoon.

Attachments

• 4B63D2E1-66E7-4BC8-AFA0-2885432D314D.jpeg
    4B63D2E1-66E7-4BC8-AFA0-2885432D314D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
  • 5BC75D67-9692-4142-971F-4658ED9EE3E4.jpeg
    5BC75D67-9692-4142-971F-4658ED9EE3E4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
UPDATE: Flew for two hours and cycled gear several times with no issues.
Great to hear!
Nice pics added for others reference.
For those opening, realigning the shaft asmb with bearings & shims... screw the gear strut activator mid center to allow everything to align while reassembling... once complete performing the upside down gear cycling will even out the 2 struts in a few cycles.

Great to hear!
Nice pics added for others reference.
For those opening, realigning the shaft asmb with bearings & shims... screw the gear strut activator mid center to allow everything to align while reassembling... once complete performing the upside down gear cycling will even out the 2 struts in a few cycles.

Great advice, I would add: Do the procedure on a large white towel. Very small parts are involved and this will help keep the small parts from getting lost.

Yes. This worked for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio