Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing gear problem

Reaction score
Recently my Typhoon H retractable landing gear does not go up. When I toggle it to retract it goes up about an inch and stops. It will extend back down from there OK. Any thoughts

I had that problem too when it came back from staples. However it was just simply stuck. I was able to get it unstuck by toggling the switch up and down until i noticed the gear retract. But that was just my isolated case

There has been several threads started on just this problem so it would appear that this problem isn't isolated.

Before removing and reinstalling the gear as PatR suggests (which is a sound solution by the way), first try to get the gear moving by doing this: remove the props and camera and with the aircraft switched on but with the motors not armed turn it upside down (so that the gear is in the air above the aircraft) and toggle the gear switch several times to try to get the gear to operate normally. Sometimes this procedure works and sometimes it doesn't. If it does work your problem is resolved. If not, then go to plan B as PatR suggests...removing and reinstalling the gear isn't a hard job by any means (even a nutter like me can do it) but if you can resolve the issue by turning the aircraft over to cycle the gear then you don't need to remove the gear at all.

If you can't resolve the problem by either of these two methods then come back to us so we can advise further.

Recently my Typhoon H retractable landing gear does not go up. When I toggle it to retract it goes up about an inch and stops. It will extend back down from there OK. Any thoughts
yes i would recycle the gear but removing the cam and turning the bird up said down and flipping the gear switch. it sometimes will take a few times.

There has been several threads started on just this problem so it would appear that this problem isn't isolated.

Before removing and reinstalling the gear as PatR suggests (which is a sound solution by the way), first try to get the gear moving by doing this: remove the props and camera and with the aircraft switched on but with the motors not armed turn it upside down (so that the gear is in the air above the aircraft) and toggle the gear switch several times to try to get the gear to operate normally. Sometimes this procedure works and sometimes it doesn't. If it does work your problem is resolved. If not, then go to plan B as PatR suggests...removing and reinstalling the gear isn't a hard job by any means (even a nutter like me can do it) but if you can resolve the issue by turning the aircraft over to cycle the gear then you don't need to remove the gear at all.

If you can't resolve the problem by either of these two methods then come back to us so we can advise further.
If you are going to the trouble of removing the gear, you may as well back the screws off a bit on the cover plate...I believe there are 5 and they are Phillips...I ended up doing this with mine and haven't had a problem since

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss