Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Gear stuck and H520 won't re-connect after 2nd battery....

Reaction score
Today, I had a couple of strange events while doing a test flight. Tested a ROI, a short WP mission, and a RTL, everything worked as expected, except on landing only one arm came down. I cycled it a few times, but it wouldn't budge. So I hand caught the one landing gear arm, disarmed it, then tried the upside down trick where you flip it and then cycle the gear switch, after about 4 tries, the second gear came down(up). Changed to the 2nd battery, but the H520 would not connect, I kept getting the "timed out" message. I must have tried it 20 times also resetting all links. No difference. Left the test field and tried it at home, still no luck. Before people ask the obvious questions - had done a compass calibration, 2nd battery was fully charged and the aircraft turned on normally, I cycled the ST16s on/off several times. I was in an open field, no steel, concrete, antennas, HV lines nearby... Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I'm guessing that turning the 520 up side down put it in bind mode. Check the manual for doing a manual bind and I think that may solve the problem.

That would be a good guess, but after my post I tried a few things at home on the bench, including binding the aircraft only (upside down bind) with camera on/off - still wouldn't bind. And again several times trying to connect to the camera just results in this "timed out" screen. It does seem coincidental that the connection failure happened right after the landing gear sticking issue, perhaps they are connected somehow....... Probably will be calling Yuneec support to open a ticket.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-21-22-43-16.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-21-22-43-16.png
    958 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Steve Carr
So I had a scheduled call from Yuneec support tonight, and he tried several things while I had the system on/off and rebooted a few times, not working.... then finally said to do a ST16s re-set which wipes out everything on the ST16s. I had to download and install UpdatePilot apk, then auto-install all firmware on ST16s. Then I could connect to tha E90. Finally it seems to be back to "normal". Thanks Yuneec was supposed to only be a 15min call but turned out to be 35min but worth it. Success!

Unfortunately it's a procedure we've had to do many times. I personally 4 or 5 times when it gives problems.

I'm glad you were able to fix it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin