Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing gear will not retract

Reaction score
After havig issues with the camera at a 45 degree downward angle, after updating all software and tested everything before I took off . but just after take off my landing gear did not retract. Yes if I were to flip it over it willl work but that is not good since it will still not work the proper way.. any help out there?

The update also seems to have affected the landing gear. Most have needed to flip the toggle switch up and down multiple times to get it to function properly again as I had to. If the gear goes up, but won't go down again no matter what you try then you have an issue.

Reactions: Chris Dunn
This is often an indicator that you should rebind, this has happened to me more than once and rebinding solved the issue.

Thanks. I do believe I did rebind it, this has happens to both my aircraft's even with different remotes

The update also seems to have affected the landing gear. Most have needed to flip the toggle switch up and down multiple times to get it to function properly again as I had to. If the gear goes up, but won't go down again no matter what you try then you have an issue.
yes well after I fix the camera yuor right the landing gear now want go up unless i flip it over.. I will try to do the switch multi times again to keep trying this

yes well after I fix the camera yuor right the landing gear now want go up unless i flip it over.. I will try to do the switch multi times again to keep trying this
I've noticed in the past the gear would not retract at a low altitude. Seems like I had to be over 10' or so.

After havig issues with the camera at a 45 degree downward angle, after updating all software and tested everything before I took off . but just after take off my landing gear did not retract. Yes if I were to flip it over it willl work but that is not good since it will still not work the proper way.. any help out there?

Same issue here, after update camera hanging down and retracts only move a little with each flip of the switch. Sent back to Yuneec will report findings.

Same issue here, after update camera hanging down and retracts only move a little with each flip of the switch. Sent back to Yuneec will report findings.
I've heard there is another update due shortly. I wonder if it's a fix for these issues.

I think I'm just really guessing at this point. Sounds like there could be more than one issue that is causing this. Pretty sure if there is another update coming, it will be in part to address this as well.

Oddly, I had the same issue with one of My H's last fall. DO NOT FLY with this condition until it's sorted out. When experiencing this issue -- exactly as described where the gear only move a little -- I had a bad fly-away - complete loss of control when I toggled between Rabbit and Turtle mode. It went a mile and crashed. Something is NOT right - and I'd suggest to not fly it until it's sorted out. Call Yuneec for help (oddly too -- I had Yuneec on the phone when experiencing this problem getting help and while trying different things -- I had to throw the phone down and try to rescue. When the H disappeared in the horizon, I picked up my phone -- and Yuneec was still there! I reported what happened.

Unfortunately, the H was destroyed. The logs showed issues with Compass / GPS. So, perhaps if you have this issue -- it can't determine it's altitude and becomes confused? Who knows.

One thing I would do is a complete re-set of the controller and H. Remove the ST16 battery, clear app data, Re-calibrate everything from scratch. After calibration (indoors on a level surface), bring outside without Props and power up - calibrate the compass and let it sit for 15 mins. MAKE SURE the compass calibration is successful with the restart sounds. Just because the arm lights go back to normal in calibration doesn't mean that calibration was successful. You need to hear the start up sound.

I'm no expert here - just a lot of experience with the H's - best advice -- Call Yuneec.

Reactions: Murray Martz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval