Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Tips

Reaction score
Yesterday flew my first drone, Q500, for first time. I used smart mode to get accustomed to the controls. I practiced landing a few times and was a little rough. The last time I got it to hover couple inches off the ground and killed the motor. It was the softest landing I had done. The other 2 times I flipped it over on touchdown. Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Yesterday flew my first drone, Q500, for first time. I used smart mode to get accustomed to the controls. I practiced landing a few times and was a little rough. The last time I got it to hover couple inches off the ground and killed the motor. It was the softest landing I had done. The other 2 times I flipped it over on touchdown. Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
My suggestion is to search the posts in this forum and you get the most valuable information hands down.
I also recommend watching the instructional videos which are fantastic.
For example it’s strongly recommended to remove the camera for the first few flights until you get accustomed to the Q. It’s only my personal preference but I would use the angle mode for your beginning flights.
Good luck!

Reactions: Tree Top
Your instinct is correct. Hover about 8" above the ground and then press and hold the red button until the motors are off. It should make a smooth landing.

Dave
I never land in smart mode. i don't recommend it at all. i fined it much easier to control in angle mode.

Thanks all your replies. Flew again yesterday with better success at landing. Did 1 flight in angel mode. Landing went well, flight, not so good. I found it more confusing than smart mode. I definitely want to learn angle mode, but now I have anxiety about it

Thanks all your replies. Flew again yesterday with better success at landing. Did 1 flight in angel mode. Landing went well, flight, not so good. I found it more confusing than smart mode. I definitely want to learn angle mode, but now I have anxiety about it
cool , take your time it will come easier every time you fly.. if you get confused when the bird is far from you , just switch to return home to get it closer then switch back to angle mode and continue flying.. also look at videos about the arrow on the screen, when in angle mode if you move the stick toward the point of the arrow it goes in that direction , sto if you turn the the bird so the arrow toward you then move the left stick toward you and it flys to you. or vs versa.

I always hand catch since damaging props on my very first landing - it comes in very useful because the ground is not always level for landing. Then there is long grass or dusty conditions which can damage the motors. It works for me, but be very careful.

Angle mode is best. Learn to fly with that and your sure to stay out of trouble more often. Practice, practice. All the above is correct .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop