Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Large Tarot x6 960 build

Reaction score
Would it be possible to use the main board and GPS and remote for a large build for my Tarot x6 960 build? I love the Typhoon H platform and would love to have that for my build on a larger drone. Had a Typhoon H while back. Any advice or tips are appreciated it! And if you have parts lmk! Thanks!

No it is not possible and I would not recommand to do so anyway.

The main problem will be the required power. A frame like the Tarot 960 should be powered by a higher voltage in order to keep the current low. Therefore you will be using 6S LiPo instead of 4S. It would be possible with 4S but it will result in high currents and huge losses in efficiency. The ESCs of the Typhoon H are likely to burn with the currents of a 4S setup that size.

Furthermore there is no way of changing the PID settings. Motor, frame, propellers and ESCs have a huge impact on the required settings. Therefore it is very likely that it will wobble and maybe even result in a loss of control.

I would also not consider using the Typhoon H mainboard since it is completly outdated. There is way better hardware available like the PX4, which is also used in the H+, H3 and H520. And if I remeber correctly in the H920 plus as well. But I am not sure about the last one. You could also use way better ESCs which offer a huge variety of settins in order to get the best results possible.

The camera will also be an issue. There is no reason for bulding a multirotor that size and then using a camera of the size of a CGO3. You want to use something like a DSLM or small DSLR in order to receive the best images quality possible.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Got it. All makes sense. Was just wondering for cost I figured I could get a wrecked typhoon and strip it and use electronics and remote. Very new to builds so have a lot of research to do for what I need to make this monster setup

My advice is that you start small. Unless you are a professional you will not need a drone of that size anyway. It is just not suitable for most cases.

I would recommand something like that: Holybro S500 V2 Rahmen Pixhawk 4 FC 433 / 915MHz Telemetrieradio 2216 880KV Bürstenloser Motor 1045 Propeller Satz Combo RC Teile from Spielzeug Hobbys und Roboter on banggood.com

It is a nice bundle and can be set up to your needs. Well it is not top notch but if you want to, you can still upgrade all components on their own. All in all it is a great set to begin with. There are plenty of other sets out there like the DJI Flamewheel with Naza M flight controller. They are fine as well although a little outdated. Nevertheless both are great for getting started and learning how things work. Furthermore spare parts are very inexpensive (entire new frame for less than 40$) and widely spread. There are clones made by several manufacturers, in different colors and so on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430