Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Latest firmware

Reaction score
I was woundering if anyone knows the latest firmware on typhoon I just bought it two days ago and haven’t flown yet till I learn as much as possible so no pilot error but when I use the remote to connect to WiFi and check for latest firmware it already says I have the latest and curious if true or not , seen some YouTube to take as card and download latest to it then that’s how you get the latest firmware instead of using the remote to dL it so bit confused on that part I’ll look shortly to see what’s on there already

That's what I have, you're good to go.
Thanks bud now Tomarrow before my first flight was told to take camera off unsure how to do that but in second battery hoping to get some footage prolly won’t go far or high either but a bit excited if weather works for me today was about 30 mph winds but been watching and reading stuff all day before I get it in air any idea how the camera comes off I’ll search video on it tomarrow on it , sorry couple more questions if don’t mind realsence is that what obstacle avoidence is I’m not planning on using it anytime soon cause I don’t wanna be flying close to things but just not sure what the meaning or what is is or does real since , sounds weird lol and last question I’m sorry , how do you care for batteries from getting or going bad

Thanks bud now Tomarrow before my first flight was told to take camera off unsure how to do that but in second battery hoping to get some footage prolly won’t go far or high either but a bit excited if weather works for me today was about 30 mph winds but been watching and reading stuff all day before I get it in air any idea how the camera comes off I’ll search video on it tomarrow on it , sorry couple more questions if don’t mind realsence is that what obstacle avoidence is I’m not planning on using it anytime soon cause I don’t wanna be flying close to things but just not sure what the meaning or what is is or does real since , sounds weird lol and last question I’m sorry , how do you care for batteries from getting or going bad

First have you calibrated the H? if not do this with out the camera off.
To remove camera read this Camera Removal
Before flying turn on the H allow it to sit 15 minutes with out motor on, this is for the satellites to be fully installed, it won't hurt to turn on the ST16 also.
Charge up battery only if you plan to fly within the next few days. Fly until the battery gets down to 15 to 14.9 volts.
I usually go to 14.7 don't do this until you have more experience.

First have you calibrated the H? if not do this with out the camera off.
To remove camera read this Camera Removal
Before flying turn on the H allow it to sit 15 minutes with out motor on, this is for the satellites to be fully installed, it won't hurt to turn on the ST16 also.
Charge up battery only if you plan to fly within the next few days. Fly until the battery gets down to 15 to 14.9 volts.
Thank you much for great help I will indeed let it sit for satellites and I’ll calibrate with camera on and I’ll watch video on removal of camera , I did calibrate out side my home but Ima be going to a big open field tomarrow and gonna redo it , I did see a video that a guy said to point the drone north as you calibrate that I did not do .

I have real sense in the off position, I never use it, some like it on, it's really a preference.
When taking off, take off flying into the wind same as landing, into the wind. Take off and hover about 15 feet feel out the controls.
OH MOST IMPORTANTLY, DO NOT FLY IN SMART MODE, SWITCH TO ANGLE MODE. Many folks have crashed becasue they did not read the manual and the affects on smart mode.
Please read the manual.
Typhoon H Manual

I have real sense in the off position, I never use it, some like it on, it's really a preference.
When taking off, take off flying into the wind same as landing, into the wind. Take off and hover about 15 feet feel out the controls.
OH MOST IMPORTANTLY, DO NOT FLY IN SMART MODE, SWITCH TO ANGLE MODE. Many folks have crashed becasue they did not read the manual and the affects on smart mode.
Please read the manual.
Typhoon H Manual
Thanks for the advice haven’t read much on the smart mode wide do I have a lot to learn about his bird I’ve gotten good on the breeze but I know this is a big step up and rather be safe than sorry

I haven't flow a breeze so I'm not sure what the difference in complexity is. You'll do well.:cool:

Thanks for the advice haven’t read much on the smart mode wide do I have a lot to learn about his bird I’ve gotten good on the breeze but I know this is a big step up and rather be safe than sorry
Leave the camera off if you calibrate the compass. Rolling the H around with the camera mounted is very hard on the gimbal motors.

When you turn on the H don't move it until it is fully booted.

Reactions: AussieCate
Oh ok gotcha I did hear them as I was spinning it hopefully they still work dang I while I didn’t mess it up any already

Oh ok gotcha I did hear them as I was spinning it hopefully they still work dang I while I didn’t mess it up any already
No worries. It's one of those things that is not in the manual. Whenever I power on the H I am careful regarding pitch and roll if I move it with the camera mounted.

Please read the manual.
Typhoon H Manual

If you do not use you’re real sense, do you want to se it?

Any idea why Yuneec hasn't added any new functionality to their software/firmware for over a year now? I went flying with a friend who has a DGI drone and there were a lot of built in apps that came with his drone that Yuneec is lagging behind in. Very disappointing!

Fly until the battery gets down to 15 to 14.9 volts.
May I ask - my new purchase shows 16 volts with the full battery icon. If I was to wait until it's 15 or 14.9 would that be just a little below my current full reading? TIA from a total newbie.

Full charge is usually ~16.6v. If yours was at 14.9v it would only be 1/2v away from time to land. Call it 4 minutes or so. At 15v it would be 1.6v under a full charge. Your safe useful voltage range runs from 16.6 down to 14.4v. A 2.2v spread.

You can go slightly lower but you risk damaging batteries and crashing aircraft in so doing.

Reactions: AussieCate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430