Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Latest list of manufactures banned for US govt work

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
Is this a surprise to anyone? DJI has been monitoring their pilots' every move (and flight) since the beginning and phoning that info home. That is the one thing that has prevented me from ever buying DJI. It makes one wonder how many other UAV manufacturers secretly collect your data. I would not trust any UAV that uses your cell phone as a controller. I've always wondered what happens when an incoming call occurs while in flight. If you answer the call does the aircraft fall out of the sky?? 🤔

Reactions: Steve Carr

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I've always wondered what happens when an incoming call occurs while in flight.
I certainly wouldn't want to find out. When I have used a phone app to fly a drone I put it in airplane mode. So only wifi is active and not cell service.

Many of the Chinese drone makers have zero interest in who buys their products (as we all know from owning Yuneec products). I've always suspected DJI cooperates closely with the CCP.

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't want to find out. When I have used a phone app to fly a drone I put it in airplane mode. So only wifi is active and not cell service.

Many of the Chinese drone makers have zero interest in who buys their products (as we all know from owning Yuneec products). I've always suspected DJI cooperates closely with the CCP.
Airplane mode is a good way of keeping unwanted "eyes" at bay

Reaction score
I had studied the list last week, and, as an aside, I do not believe Yuneec is on the list.
Quite a comprehensive list!

Reactions: DCH and Steve Carr

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thellend