Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Latest on Part 107 Recurrencey Testing

Reaction score
Has anyone read or heard what the FAA has decided about recurrencey testing? I've been watching for something, but haven't heard anything since last spring. I have to retest in January, and I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth it. My test center is four hours away, and I might not be able to "legally" fly my bird.

Reactions: Katherine
Recurrency testing is still in place and nothing has changed except the interruption Covid 19 caused. You will need to check where the closest open testing center is, check with PSI to see which sites are open.

Recurrency testing is still in place and nothing has changed except the interruption Covid 19 caused. You will need to check where the closest open testing center is, check with PSI to see which sites are open.
That's what I suspected. The last I heard, the final rule for RID, will be issued by the end of the year. I guess I'll have to wait unil then to make a decision. Thanks for the response.

You can still test for recurrency with an open testing center. I am a test proctor with my company and I have remained open. The stations get cleaned before every use. What I would recommend if you do decide to test is call the testing center you want to go to and ask when is a good time to test that there are fewer people in the room. That way when you set up your appointment with PSI you will hopefully be spaced apart from other test takers or have the room to yourself.

You can still test for recurrency with an open testing center. I am a test proctor with my company and I have remained open. The stations get cleaned before every use. What I would recommend if you do decide to test is call the testing center you want to go to and ask when is a good time to test that there are fewer people in the room. That way when you set up your appointment with PSI you will hopefully be spaced apart from other test takers or have the room to yourself.
I'm not so much worried about covid, as I am about having, an expensive 3.5 pound paper weight. If the RID goes through as it was written, that's what I'll have. I live in Northeastern Montana, and there are no approved flying areas even close, unless you call 400 miles close. Plus, I didn't get into this for a hobby, and that's why I'm debating retesting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval