Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED cover removal

Reaction score
I am having a problem removing LED cover at the end of typhoon H arm. I do not want to remove it I know it has a lock and unlock direction of turning. but I cannot seem to pinch and twist this off do you have any advice.
also on my typhoon H oneprop is extremely tough to get off even though I press the button turn it the correct way it does not want to seem to come off easily at all.
has anybody ever experienced this or have any solutions thank you .
Keith Kuhn

Keith, make sure you can tell the correct direction, there is a 'Lock - Unlock' symbol on the bottom. I used a Popsicle stick and just placed it it one of the ridges and gave a light tap to unlock but; if you go in the wrong direction or use too much force you could break it, so be careful.

For the sticky propeller: determine if it is a bad propeller or if it is the adapter. If other props work on that same motor, the propeller is bad. On the other hand, if other props also are tight you may need to replace the adapter; they are about 4 bucks at Carolina Dronz but you will need to confirm if it is an "A" or "B" Motor as they are different

LOCK AND UNLOCK DIRECTIONS

LedCover.jpg

PROP ADAPTER REPLACEMENT 'B' (WHITE)

yuneec-typhoon-h-quick-connect-prop-b-YUNTYH126BSVC_1024x1024.png

Reactions: DCH
Getting the LED Lampshade off an H or an H+ is almost impossible without the tool. I have managed to get one off before, but I have also managed to break one attempting to remove it. The Lampshade needs to be pushed down while turning to unlock the tabs. The tool allows you to push down evenly and turn at the same time.
Vertigo Drones, Carolina Drones, Terrestrial Imaging, and even Yuneec should sell these. Makes removing and installing them super easy. I think the tool is cheaper than replacing a broken Lampshade, so it's the best bet.

ScreenHunter_6676 Jun. 01 12.19.jpg

Last edited:
Keith, make sure you can tell the correct direction, there is a 'Lock - Unlock' symbol on the bottom. I used a Popsicle stick and just placed it it one of the ridges and gave a light tap to unlock but; if you go in the wrong direction or use too much force you could break it, so be careful.

For the sticky propeller: determine if it is a bad propeller or if it is the adapter. If other props work on that same motor, the propeller is bad. On the other hand, if other props also are tight you may need to replace the adapter; they are about 4 bucks at Carolina Dronz but you will need to confirm if it is an "A" or "B" Motor as they are different

View attachment 16892

View attachment 16892

thank you for the reply I have tried everything as far as the prop were talking now. I even replaced the prop adapter..

thank you for the reply I have tried everything as far as the prop were talking now. I even replaced the prop adapter..
I am going to continue to work on this problem if I find a solution I will let you know.
now for the LED cover I'm afraid to even mess with it popsicle stick I'm not sure I'm well aware of the lock in the unlock position it is one of those temperamental little things that I'm afraid if I continue it will break so perhaps I should just leave it alone.
I'm not sure where you're talking about putting the popsicle stick at but I may give it a try it seems like the stick may have to what Whittle it down or something I'm not sure how you mean to use the stick.
thank you very much
Keith Kuhn

I am going to continue to work on this problem if I find a solution I will let you know.
now for the LED cover I'm afraid to even mess with it popsicle stick I'm not sure I'm well aware of the lock in the unlock position it is one of those temperamental little things that I'm afraid if I continue it will break so perhaps I should just leave it alone.
I'm not sure where you're talking about putting the popsicle stick at but I may give it a try it seems like the stick may have to what Whittle it down or something I'm not sure how you mean to use the stick.
thank you very much
Keith Kuhn

Okay I got one problem solved . That was the propeller adapter . I have 6 replacement adapters all of them were tight except for one.
It muist be a tolerance problem. I believe they were probably not OEM yuneec adapters.
but out of the six adapters one had nice tolerance so that I could put the prop on and off without a problem.
What a little hassle for such a small problem but I'm glad it is fixed thank you so much.
Keith Kuhn
PS now after taking a break I will work on the lens cap cover to see if I can get that removed without breaking it.

I did all mine by hand....the tool is certainly the way to go.

Be aware also that it “clicks” in place....and travel, the distance it turned, is nothing....like 1/32”...barely at all. Just a very slight click in, click out.

Be aware also that it “clicks” in place....and travel, the distance it turned, is nothing....like 1/32”...barely at all. Just a very slight click in, click out.

I hear ya, I saw the tool on Carolina Dronz, seems like it was
About $8.00 + shipping.
Not sure I want to do that.

I gave up on trying to get that led cover off I don't want to break it I think I must get the tool if I really want it off that bad I'm not going to mess with it.
Keith Kuhn

Getting the LED Lampshade off an H or an H+ is almost impossible without the tool. I have managed to get one off before, but I have also managed to break one attempting to remove it. The Lampshade needs to be pushed down while turning to unlock the tabs. The tool allows you to push down evenly and turn at the same time.
Vertigo Drones, Carolina Drones, Terrestrial Imaging, and even Yuneec should sell these. Makes removing and installing them super easy. I think the tool is cheaper than replacing a broken Lampshade, so it's the best bet.

View attachment 16893

I believe you are right I gave up trying to get mine off.
If I kept messing around on a sure I would probably break it so I quit while I'm ahead. Thanks
Keith Kuhn

i love that little tool for the led i had to replace one of my leds after it got wet and that tool saved me a lot grief

View attachment 16893

I could only find it available from Vertigo Drones. I ordered one despite the fact that the shipping was more than the part.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
YEP I GAVE UP BEFORE I BROKE IT.
KEITH KUHN

Hey Keith.

How you doin buddy. I have a tip for you.
Get a reasonably thick piece of wood. Take 3 nails that fit in the holes on the led cover. Hammer them through the would at the exact distance of the holes and voila. You’ve got the tool to get them on and off.
That’s what I did when I had to replace my motor.

Hope that helps.
Good luck buddy.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Hey Keith.

How you doin buddy. I have a tip for you.
Get a reasonably thick piece of wood. Take 3 nails that fit in the holes on the led cover. Hammer them through the would at the exact distance of the holes and voila. You’ve got the tool to get them on and off.
That’s what I did when I had to replace my motor.

Hope that helps.
Good luck buddy.

Hmmm
I might just give that a try.
I even used channel locks with tape on them I still could not get that sucker off so I went and ordered a brand new lamp shade the **** with that thing.
But I may give your method a try what the ****.
KK

Reactions: Crazy Crow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone