Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED light strip mod... Night flying like a boss

Reaction score
Ummm yea... as I sat in my shop/man cave watching "Blind Eye Sees All", a early live performance of one of my favorite bands of all time (who's name might be inappropriate for this family forum)... I was skimming thru this forum and saw a post about lights on the Breeze for night flying. I lightbulbed a quick mod, after again looking up at the concert footage on my little 32in flat-screen I keep out here. I have/had those little color changing LEDs in a self sticking strip that goes around your TV screen for a asthetic or psychedelic purposes, depending on the mood or moment. So I yanked those, grabbed some fun tac, an 18650 rechargeable lit battery and scissors and tricked my Breeze out. To use fpv or onscreen piloting I'm gonna use a couple LED headlamp spot lights like I did on my Tello.. Ill try and get a video up tommorow..worth mentioning, when I first fired it up I got the IRS sensor is obstructed or something warning. I just ok'ed out and took off anyway. Flew with out a hitch

Attachments

• 20181127_221337.jpg
    20181127_221337.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: robbie2
That is the best lighting job I have seen to date!:cool:

I am awesomely impressed. With high intensity focused beam LED light or lights aimed with the camera gimbal it would make an awesome UFO. :eek:

Reactions: stan55 and robbie2
20181127_221337-jpg.12710

I'd cut about an inch off of those legs, to make it an official Cali lowrider... ;)

I'd cut about an inch off of those legs, to make it an official Cali lowrider... ;)

Only the rear ones, and have the spark bars attached for added effect on low high speed passes.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
I have to admit, I love LED mods. My old VW Beetle had about 200 add on LED's. Always fun and easy to work with. When it reached the point where it scared old people and children, I knew I had arrived at VW zen karma.Bug.jpg

Only the rear ones, and have the spark bars attached for added effect on low high speed passes.

Those gas shocks are gonna cause some tipovers...

Ahem... the fact that no one has as of yet mentioned fuzzy dice concerns me Gentlemen!

@DirtyLikaRat® , see what you started? This thread should make the weekly top 20 at this rate.

Reactions: Exaere
I'm trying to decide what to do about lighting myself.
I would prefer not to use a separate power supply. Easy enough to solder onto the breezes nattery solder points to a micro switch mounted to the outside so you can turn 12V LEDs on/off. I would expect it to be a wash between a lighter mod running off the battery vs. carrying a separate battery.
Awesome tip of the hat ya:)

Reactions: DirtyLikaRat®
Ummm, "battery" and "to ya" lol

You can also use the ..., button then choose edit to go make corrections when your phone’s auto correct makes a bad correction or you fat finger the keys like I do.

You can also use the ..., button then choose edit to go make corrections when your phone’s auto correct makes a bad correction or you fat finger the keys like I do.
I thought so too but I'm not seeing the edit button...

I must not actually be signed in because theres no edit button
Oops, it's the tool thingy

Lately my computer is telling me this:rolleyes:
I'm sure it's heading your way soon?software-clipart-funny-computer-5.gif

Yeah, already there some days.
You can easily attach the rubber band style finger lights to the inside of the legs and I have lots of them but I dont have any white ones. Need to see who sells plain white ones. They dont weigh much at all.

U unfortunately these were not autocorrect blunders... I'm a goofy redneck Army vet with a the 9th grade education I'm lucky I can work this fancy smartphone thingy at all. Firing an M4 was easy this Techno World is quite a challenge hahaha

U unfortunately these were not autocorrect blunders... I'm a goofy redneck Army vet with a the 9th grade education I'm lucky I can work this fancy smartphone thingy at all. Firing an M4 was easy this Techno World is quite a challenge hahaha

That’s why guys like me joined the Air Force and trained kids to maintain F-15E’s that could wipe out a line of tanks in a single pass, after coming in low enough to make the enemy troops crap their pants when the jet blast would blow their helmets off. :cool:

Welcome to the forum from one vet to another. There are a bunch of us on the forum.

That’s why guys like me joined the Air Force and trained kids to maintain F-15E’s that could wipe out a line of tanks in a single pass, after coming in low enough to make the enemy troops crap their pants when the jet blast would blow their helmets off. :cool:

On that note, someone needs to design a drone with the versatility and reliability of an A10 warthog. I would buy three!

Reactions: Grogster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval