Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED ???

Reaction score
Welcome everyone to the forum. I'm from Poland. I have such a bothering question: can the yuneec typhoon plus drone turn off all LEDs during the flight?
greetings to all pilots and waiting for an answer :)

Welcome @dziki65.
The Typhoon H Plus is not suppose to turn all the LEDs off. This is not a normal condition. The front LEDs can be switched on and off, but the other 4 LEDs should be on all the time.
Please tell us more.
Was control of the aircraft lost?
Did the aircraft continue to fly normally?
Did the LEDs ever turn back on?
Were there any other anomalies during the flight?

Any additional information you can provide would be helpful.

Are you asking if you the operator can turn the LEDs during the flight? Do you not like the lights on? Or are you describing the LEDs turn off by themselves when you fly?

This sounds like a simple question relating to either photography or being inconspicuous.

Photography: Like @DCH starts to say, it may be desired to turn off the boom LEDs in order to reduce their effect on the video/image capture. The H480 allows for all the LEDs to be turned off via an option in the controller menu. Sounds like the H Plus allows only the front LEDs to be turned off, per @DCH ascertion.

Looks like the simple answer to the simple question is: Some, but not all LEDs on the H Plus, can be turned off if desired.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: DCH
Sounds like the H Plus allows only the front LEDs to be turned off, per @DCH ascertion.
Yes this is the case. The H480 series uses a status LED located in the "Lampshade" at the bottom rear of the aircraft.
The Status LEDs in the Plus are located in the rear two motor pods. Even though the Plus (and the H520) have the identical Lampshade (orange for the H520), there is no status LED inside. These later aircraft rely on the LEDs in the rear motors to enunciate the status, so it is not possible to turn them off.

That said, I have no idea why the operator can only control the front LEDs and not the side LEDs.:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot
I mean exactly to turn off all the LEDs before the flight, so that the drone is not visible, because the drone is used for business ... from what you say, it can hardly be :-( you can turn off only 2. well, then the LED sticking remains :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone