Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Left DJI For Bluer Skies

Reaction score
Good morning everyone.

Being that I was a member of Phantom Pilots I have owned Phantoms 1, 2 and 3.
I remember being so excited when I watched my first Colin Guinn video promoting the Phantom Drone, the anticipation of waiting for that package to arrive being that I read and watched everything I could find on the Phantom 1. As time passed the combination of bad company support and not caring about previous manufactured models softened my excitement about the hobby.
As everyone knows the choice for what one wants to fly is limitless, after more research including this forum I have pulled the trigger on the purchase of a Typhoon H Pro Package, I have to say that anticipation and excitement is back. I took advantage of the special pricing Yuneec offered if you purchased by Dec. 31 11:59 pm. I was able to get the package for $1,039.00 which I must say is the best price I have seen for the complete package.

To make a long story short I have been waiting 1 week for my credit card to be charged and the package to be shipped but there has been no movement. I called yesterday and talked to customer service and I had the most pleasant experience dealing with them. First they were extremely apologetic and were very concerned about my satisfaction of their image ahead of delivery. Second after assuring me that my package would ship Monday they are including another free battery.

I can only hope that this type of concern for their customer base is something that is the norm for their company and carries over into future contact with them.

Your Thoughts & Opinions?

Hi there,
I have a very similar experience as you but I had the Blade 350QX3 and lost enthusiasm until recently. A month ago I bought the Pro version without RealSense and test flew it Christmas Eve. It flies real well. I too bought the Pro with RealSense over 2 weeks ago and have called many times and each time they said it will ship by Friday. I called this week and was finally told they are not in stock, she said they should be here on the 10th. I was not offered a free battery, lucky you. So this week there may be an announcement at the Trade Show www.ces.tech/ , so I am wondering if I should cancel my order or not depending on what we see.

Last edited:
Welcome to the family, lol. I figured they sold more then they are letting on. Those neck straps are still backordered. Meaning there have been some transmitter being sold. I should have grabbed one when I bought it. Now mine is on backorder. Yuneec has them in stock, but shipping is $15.35 for a piece of cloth that will go inside a yellow envelope. So I wait for horizon hobby to charge my card and ship it. They only charged $5 for shipping. Says early Jan will ship

yuneec h480 is indeed a great suas and mostly very well supported by dealers for replacement items that you need mostly props and batteries for starters. For h480 support I would strongly recommend relationships with terrestrial imaging, Carolina dronz and or vertigo drones

Reactions: rdonson
VP,

You might want to maintain your order, Horizon most always comes through. As for neck straps, there are one or two people here in the forum that make and sell neck straps for the ST-16, with other dealers also selling the Yuneec straps.

Reactions: Murray Martz
VP,

You might want to maintain your order, Horizon most always comes through. As for neck straps, there are one or two people here in the forum that make and sell neck straps for the ST-16, with other dealers also selling the Yuneec straps.

You missed the point again, I ordered from Yuneec, not Horizon.

Good morning everyone.

I remember being so excited when I watched my first Colin Guinn video promoting the Phantom Drone, the anticipation of waiting for that package to arrive being that I read and watched everything I could find on the Phantom 1. As time passed the combination of bad company support and not caring about previous manufactured models softened my excitement about the hobby.
As everyone knows the choice for what one wants to fly is limitless, after more research including this forum I have pulled the trigger on the purchase of a Typhoon H Pro Package, I have to say that anticipation and excitement is back. I took advantage of the special pricing Yuneec offered if you purchased by Dec. 31 11:59 pm. I was able to get the package for $1,039.00 which I must say is the best price I have seen for the complete package.

To make a long story short I have been waiting 1 week for my credit card to be charged and the package to be shipped but there has been no movement. I called yesterday and talked to customer service and I had the most pleasant experience dealing with them. First they were extremely apologetic and were very concerned about my satisfaction of their image ahead of delivery. Second after assuring me that my package would ship Monday they are including another free battery.

I can only hope that this type of concern for their customer base is something that is the norm for their company and carries over into future contact with them.

Lets hope you don't need to use customer service. It's a great product if you understand the differences between it and previous birds you have flown.

Good morning everyone.

Did you get a shipping confirmation from Yuneec today?

No, it is still showing pending fulfillment.
So much for shipping Monday, at least I getting a free battery out of it if I ever get something to put it in.

I bought my H Pro Package from Best Buy.. Not that it was any cheaper, but I already had a charge account with Best Buy, so went ahead and charged the package to the card. Biggest reason is that you pay "NO INTEREST" on your purchase if you get it paid off within a year of buying it. Best Buy does this with all their more expensive products and I think even less expensive. Sure as the heck beats putting the purchase on a Visa or MC card and having to pay high interest rates.

Reactions: RaeThrills
I bought my H Pro Package from Best Buy.. Not that it was any cheaper, but I already had a charge account with Best Buy, so went ahead and charged the package to the card. Biggest reason is that you pay "NO INTEREST" on your purchase if you get it paid off within a year of buying it. Best Buy does this with all their more expensive products and I think even less expensive. Sure as the heck beats putting the purchase on a Visa or MC card and having to pay high interest rates.
I love best buy, just not the prices. I purchased mine there over the summer. I still cant forget the facial expression the sales rep gave me when i said do you want to sale me a drone or waste more time? Took me 15 minutes to get someone to help me. I would have left but I was on my way out of town and wanted to get footage of the trip. So coming back didn't appeal to me.

Well Yuneec did ship to me today. They shipped me my free battery, still no Typhoon Pro. I think they shipped the battery so I would not cancel my order. Many vendors have it in stock but no one can touch the price of $1,039.99 for the complete package plus another free battery because I had attitude on the phone. I guess I am committed to wait now. If this is a example of how there sales work I hate to think if I need to send something back.

Reactions: RaeThrills

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio