Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LI-PO Battery Charger Suggestions Please

Reaction score
Hi there,

After using my Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K a few times i realised that a few of my batteries began to swell slightly.

After looking online i found that it had been the way i had been storing/charging my batteries.
Previously i had just been using the standard charger that comes with the drone but after reading a few things on forums etc i found that there was no way to discharge my batteries for storage on the charger provided.

My question is what charger should i get to charge my batteries. I've looked at all different ones but it all seems very confusing so would be grateful if someone could suggest one, so i know it will work?

Many thanks

Michael

I don't have a Q500 4K, so I can't be too specific about that particular battery. When I looked for a charger for my Typhoon H, I looked for one that could do multiple battery types (NiMh, LiPo, LiOn, NiCad and so on) , I wanted multiple functions such as storage too, but most importantly (for me) was; I did not want a charger that was specific only to the Typhoon H battery. Some do not like have charge leads and balance leads but want to just plug their battery in with no wires - I get that but it limits you. I wanted to be able to charge not only flight batteries but also the transmitter batteries and any other batteries I may have. So I picked up a Hitec X2 AC Plus charger. It can do two batteries simultaneously and while it does have a storage function, it can take a long time to take one down that is fully charged so I have learned basically it is best to fly the battery down to just above the first battery warning, let the battery sit for a while and the put it in storage mode - usually it gets there within 20 minutes. I have batteries with over 60 flights, no issues.

Hitec X2 AC

395_1_X2ACPlus_copy.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop