Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Link wanted

Reaction score
Hi guys/ girls
Can anyone give me the link to the correct site to register a typhoon please.
RC Hobbies in huntsville AL are telling me that registration in the USA should be $3 but the sites I am finding are showing me anywhere from $15 to $26.
Some state that you need to write the unique number on the drone - not ideal if I want to sell it at any time - others say stickers will be sent to put on the drone - i have 4 drones that need doing

Can anyone point me in the right direction
Thanks in advance

FAA Drone Registration

$5.00 for 3 years

Yes, you need to put that registration number on the drone itself... you can mark it on removable tape, so you can sell at a later time. There are companies that produce removable labels for a fee, but that is not required for compliance, only for aesthetics.

ANY other site charging an additional fee for registration... is doing so for their profit line, not to comply with the law.

ANY other site charging an additional fee for registration... is doing so for their profit line, not to comply with the law.

And these scumbags are deceitful and tricky. They make every effort to mislead you into believing they are the official FAA registration site. It's unclear if these registrations are even valid as only you, with an account on the real FAA site, can register your drones or obtain a recreational number.

Thanks for the link.
Its saying I have to pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test????
I know that a rather simple test will be implemented but I'm not aware of it being in place yet.
Were you able to register?

Nope.
It wants either part 107 or the safety test pass number.
Its ridiculous.
All I wanna do is fly my new drone

And all the FAA wants, is for you to fly your drone safely... that skills and knowledge test quantifiably measures that.

But at some future time you may be within 5 miles of an airport. A large majority of automobile drivers may never have to parallel park... but you still need to demonstrate the skill.

Ok
I get that but why do I need to know about runways and airport safety when I won't be within 5 Miles of an airport

Nobody knows what the test will contain. Congress directed the FAA to develop the test. They have not done that yet, so nobody knows what it will look like.

``(2) Requirements.--The Administrator shall ensure the
aeronautical knowledge and safety test is designed to adequately
demonstrate an operator's--
``(A) understanding of aeronautical safety
knowledge; and
``(B) knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration
regulations and requirements pertaining to the operation
of an unmanned aircraft system in the national airspace
system.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Did you check the acceptance box and click on Next? I am assuming you gave a valid email address and went through the validation email. Once you get through the process and your payment is verified you will get an email with a link to your registration credentials.

At this point in time there is not a knowledge test for the recreational pilot. It is in the long process of being developed along with vetting who and how the test will be administered. Just recently the team of businesses/education institutions having input on the process was selected.

Be sure you save your registration user name and password in a safe place as you will need them to access your account on the FAA DroneZone in the future.

Reactions: Tipton101
Did you check the acceptance box and click on Next? I am assuming you gave a valid email address and went through the validation email. Once you get through the process and your payment is verified you will get an email with a link to your registration credentials.

At this point in time there is not a knowledge test for the recreational pilot. It is in the long process of being developed along with vetting who and how the test will be administered. Just recently the team of businesses/education institutions having input on the process was selected.

Be sure you save your registration user name and password in a safe place as you will need them to access your account on the FAA DroneZone in the future.

When you accept it takes you to a page which asks for the name of the institution you did your safety test with

Sounds like they put the cart before the horse. They haven’t developed the test nor the web based testing site yet.

I can’t check the process as I already have an account. Use this link Send an Email to let the Web Manager know the trouble you are having. You can also try calling 866-TELL-FAA (866-835-5322).

Last edited:
Reactions: Tipton101
Sounds like they put the cart before the horse. They haven’t developed the test nor the web based testing site yet.

I can’t check the process as I already have an account. Use this link Send an Email to let the Web Manager know the trouble you are having. You can also try calling 866-TELL-FAA (866-835-5322).
Ha ha
Have you ever tried calling the FAA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33