Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Log Data/Image Data

Reaction score
I was hoping some helpful soul would give me an example CSV of a flight log and 3 jpeg images and 3 dng images from that flight. I really want this drone but as I have read on here it doesn't put the GPS location in the meta-data. I'm also a software developer and want to see if I can find a solution for this before buying. I've been messing with IBM Watson a bit... I think I can do this, seems like a few people may want that ability as well.

So, take off. Take 3 jpeg (of anything) and 3 dng.

I was hoping some helpful soul would give me an example CSV of a flight log and 3 jpeg images and 3 dng images from that flight. I really want this drone but as I have read on here it doesn't put the GPS location in the meta-data. I'm also a software developer and want to see if I can find a solution for this before buying. I've been messing with IBM Watson a bit... I think I can do this, seems like a few people may want that ability as well.

So, take off. Take 3 jpeg (of anything) and 3 dng.

It does save gps and altitude in pics.

Not on my comp atm. but you can see all the exif data it saves in this pdf [emoji16]
View attachment online metadata and exif viewer.pdfYUN_0016-Edit.jpeg

Reactions: DoomMeister
What the ****, I was told by them that it doesn't. Now I'm more confused... and I was also on another thread on here where that was the complaint.

What the ****, I was told by them that it doesn't. Now I'm more confused... and I was also on another thread on here where that was the complaint.
I sent you a link to some unedited files.
This is from the properties of a jpg on the H Plus:

Reactions: weajr

The 920 Plus and CGO-4 combination does not log EXIF geo reference data. The Typhoon H absolutely does.

When listening to “users” we must take care to assure they are in truth actual users. There are some that lurk in forums for the sole purpose of instilling doubt in one brand to provide favor to another brand. In short, some deliberately lie.

Typhoon H geo reference data can be input to Google Earth to provide quite accurate position reference. The H data format requires conversion to a format Google Earth accepts but aside from that the process is painless. It works plenty good enough for use in civil code enforcement actions.

PatR I’m learning here... is that how drones are found after loosing it in flight? Are these the same files used to map out it’s location? Forgive me if this question seems foolish

@biltno

It is not a foolish question, but the answer is no. The EXIF data is recorded with the photo and is therefore on the SD card in the camera with the missing UAV.

When locating a lost UAV the telemetry data stored in the controller is used to at least determine a likely area to search for recovery.

Depending on the aircraft used that data is located in different files. What aircraft are you using @biltno ?

I’m using both the q500 4K and have H 480
Thank you for answering that for me
It can be difficult to understand these files in the beginning but I continue to learn more

Unfortunately there is no documentation from Yuneec to interpret the FlightLog data stored in the controller ST10 or ST16. A lot of values are self-descriptive but others are not. I did a lot of research and tests to find out what it means. All I know is described here in chapter 3 here:

The whole project with latest updates is here: h-elsner/Q500log2kml

Despite the name of the tool it is not only for Q500 but for all Yuneec quad and hex copters.

br HE

The telemetry000xxx.csv files can also be opened with Excel or Open Office Calc. The last line of the telemetry will show the last know GPS location of the H or the Q.

Reactions: biltno
Unfortunately there is no documentation from Yuneec to interpret the FlightLog data stored in the controller ST10 or ST16. A lot of values are self-descriptive but others are not. I did a lot of research and tests to find out what it means. All I know is described here in chapter 3 here:

The whole project with latest updates is here: h-elsner/Q500log2kml

Despite the name of the tool it is not only for Q500 but for all Yuneec quad and hex copters.

br HE
I still haven't been able to connect to my PH plus to get any logs. Tries 3 different computers with QControl app

Switch on the ST16S, wait until it is fully booted up, then plug the USB connector in the ST16s and in your PC (Windows or LINUX) and there is a new device in file manager where you can find a directory called "Flight2Log". Copy the whole directory to your PC and open this directory with Q500log2kml (not the files - it grabs all the needed files by itself).

For MAC you need an additional programm to access to Android, i.e. "Android File Transfer" or "SyncMate".

br HE

Got it thanks, I was trying to use Q Ground Control and trying to connect directly to the drone

Using the Q500 log app and connecting it to the ST16S, worked like a champ.

Many thinks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis