Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking For a Few Good Operators

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I was given the green light today to put out the word the company that recently hired me, is looking for a few good operators interested in flying company drones in California. Right now the work is all power line infrastructure inspections but the work will soon be expanding to considerably more exotic work.

The money is good, the management attitude is what I would call professionally casual, and personality types that will best fit ones that ate what I would call amicable. We build teams that want to work together instead of having to get together.

If you are an experienced 107 operator, have maintained a log of your flight hours, have conducted operations safely, and can and don’t mind being away from home for extended periods of time this is a job worth considering.

What you fly now isn’t important as the customer has their own equipment requirements. What you fly will be provided, there is plenty of time to get used to it and fly safely. You might not agree with the brand but what the heck.

So if you have logged significant time after obtaining your 107, have a flight attitude of avoiding risks and don’t fly impulsively, send me a private message and we’ll set up a voice conversation. I may not get back to you right away as I’m in the field but I will get back to you.

Just an FYI, I’m an old guy by some standards at 67 so if you are a little “more mature’ than some but still effectively mobile the door’s open. We're looking for good V/O's as well as every PIC needs a V/O. The opportunity to work up to PIC is present.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pschitt
I was given the green light today to put out the word the company that recently hired me, is looking for a few good operators interested in flying company drones in California. Right now the work is all power line infrastructure inspections but the work will soon be expanding to considerably more exotic work.

The money is good, the management attitude is what I would call professionally casual, and personality types that will best fit ones that ate what I would call amicable. We build teams that want to work together instead of having to get together.

If you are an experienced 107 operator, have maintained a log of your flight hours, have conducted operations safely, and can and don’t mind being away from home for extended periods of time this is a job worth considering.

What you fly now isn’t important as the customer has their own equipment requirements. What you fly will be provided, there is plenty of time to get used to it and fly safely. You might not agree with the brand but what the heck.

So if you have logged significant time after obtaining your 107, have a flight attitude of avoiding risks and don’t fly impulsively, send me a private message and we’ll set up a voice conversation. I may not get back to you right away as I’m in the field but I will get back to you.

Just an FYI, I’m an old guy by some standards at 67 so if you are a little “more mature’ than some but still effectively mobile the door’s open. We're looking for good V/O's as well as every PIC needs a V/O. The opportunity to work up to PIC is present.
PatR, if the company you work for decides to expand to New Mexico please let me know. I'm 65 soon to be 66, mobile, experienced 107 operator and would like the work!

Same offer for North Texas, DFW area.

However, travel and extended stays are an issue. I have a dog and a cat with nobody at home when I’m gone. I can leave the cat for a few days at a time, but the dog.....he can come with me.

You both hit on something the power line inspection companies may have failed to consider. Established people can’t easily disrupt their established life rhythms for ling periods of time, and those that have gone out to do this for the first time have found out they need to get home for whatever reasons. Wives, husbands, kids, pets, yards, all have established their own priorities and have to be tended to. We can’t fail at home to justify success elsewhere.

Development of “relief teams” is a necessity. There’s a lot of people that may not need the money, not want or can’t be away for long periods of time,or whatever, but would like to get involved for a few weeks or months at a time and feel functionally useful for awhile which would provide relief for pre-existing teams. Some type of flexibility is needed and every type requires people, people already possessing the skills necessary to get the job done, be that full time or part time.

The population base that can fly effectively and responsibly just isn’t all that large. Those that can stay out for long periods is smaller still, but there’s a way to make that all come together by recognizing and utilizing the attributes and limitations of qualified individuals.

I’m actually one of those people. I’ve done the long deployment thing for years, retired from the industry, but recognized how what I’ve done and learned can be used to help make life a little better for those currently in the field. I most certainly don’t want to resume a life where I’ll be away for months and months at a time but a few weeks here and there is ok, and that helps get people rotating home for awhile. I get to missing my cat quite badly[emoji22] I think she likes having me around more than my wife does most of the time[emoji6]

Being away is actually the most difficult part of the job. The flying is easy, the paperwork is demanding, but those are easy to get used to. Being away is not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Docdor
6 to 8 weeks max for me, home for 3 then back out.

There ya go[emoji106] If you’d like more info and direct contacts I’m open to talking with you. From there you can decide if you want to take it further.

If I were to do this, they pay transportation? Driving long distance isn't fun.
This would give me a reason to purchase a used Piper Lance III.

If the pay is good enough to buy and support an airplane, I’ll make arrangements for the animals!

Joking, of course. I love my boys as if they were my children. My Beagle, Boone, is as loyal and faithful as you would ever hope for in a dog. My cat tolerates my presence in his house. ;) I got him at a Paws in the Park shelter adoption event....5 weeks old and for the first 2 years of his life it was only me & him....he’s bonded to me as if I were his momma.

I’ve worked from home full time for the last 19 years. They’re used to me being here. When I do travel, it’s traumatic on them. If the operation is 2-3 days away at a time and I can bring my dog...good to go. I’ve traveled a lot with Boone, staying at dog friendly hotels. He’s by far the best dog I’ve ever had and he travels well. As long as he’s with me, he’s happy.

My wife is all for purchasing a plane, I just have to justify the means. This would do it. A business write off:)
I can get one for about 100k +, not bad.
10 hours of ground school, update what's new and procedures. Then 2 to 4 hours check ride, this part is easy.
Oh, then get checked out in a Lance, couple more hours 6 to 15, depending how quickly i get acquainted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval