Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for good battery source - Typhoon H

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope everyone is hanging in there during this mess. I've got four batteries for my typhoon h. Two of them are the OEM that came as part of a kit, two of them are brand morpilot. The two morpilot batteries are a little bit newer and in perfect health. They were purchased on Amazon for $70 a piece. The two OEM batteries, when being used or charged, get a very slight puffiness to the inside label part. The plastic casing that holds the battery together does not swell or seem to have a problem. After cooling down from use or charging the puffiness does go away and there is no permanent swelling. They fit in the Drone and the charger just fine. I've done a couple flights in this condition but starting to get a little bit wary, especially after reading some of the posts with people saying anytime you get a battery that's swollen you should immediately retire it.

I've been using the very good morpilot dual charger/conditioner and storing them properly after every use. They probably only have about 20 charge cycles on them so it's a bit disappointing, and they're only about 2 years old. Anyway I think I should replace them and went to Amazon to get some more of the morpilot batteries which are also 6300, slightly larger than the default 5000. However they no longer sell them. The only ones I found were a Chinese brand (gifipower). Which can be had anywhere from $100 to $150 (USD) depending on the company that sources them and how quickly you get them, the reviews are mixed. Many people have had them be dead on arrival or have crashed their drone from sudden failure, so I'm very uncomfortable ordering these. Should I just try to track down the OEM ones from the manufacturer site?

Not sure why the prices have skyrocketed so much but I guess it's because battery consumption worldwide has gone up significantly. Anyway, if someone has a good source for the morpilot battery or one that they very much like as a third party, please share that information, it would be greatly appreciated.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
If your flight times are not significantly reduced on the OEM batteries and the puffiness is slight and can be pushed back in with light finger pressure, there is likely nothing wrong with the OEM’s. Mine have been that way since day one and the puffiness is just with heat on the thin plastic information covers.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Reaction score
If your flight times are not significantly reduced on the OEM batteries and the puffiness is slight and can be pushed back in with light finger pressure, there is likely nothing wrong with the OEM’s. Mine have been that way since day one and the puffiness is just with heat on the thin plastic information covers.
thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I've noticed. flight times are completely normal and it's just that plastic label membrane that's slightly puffy. it goes down after a while. if I do push on it the battery pack underneath feels completely flat. also it's summer in Arizona so they tend to heat up pretty bad. I'll keep using them but be very cautious to watch the battery indicator. if they start acting wierd I'll dispose of them.

on a side note, have you found any replacements at a reasonable price. looks like I'm going to be running with these four batteries until they expire and then probably switch over to a different drone from DJI.

Reaction score
I will be doing this when my present batteries give out. Battery Adapter, Typhoon H, DIY
holy crap I'm not going through all of that even though I'm pretty good with a solder gun and what not. Don't want to risk screwing up the battery and crashing the drone. once these batteries start losing life. I'll sell the drone and move on to something that's current.

You're not interested in a second typhoon h are you? I might actually sell now while the batteries are still good and the drone is new

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
You can actually find better and less expensive batteries by converting to standard connectors. It is not sleek looking anymore, but you are not having to pay for a (Y)unique connection and latch.

Reaction score
You can actually find better and less expensive batteries by converting to standard connectors. It is not sleek looking anymore, but you are not having to pay for a (Y)unique connection and latch.
I've decided to sell my slightly used typhoon h. I will post a listing here shortly. I don't want to have to finagle making batteries on a discontinued unsupported unit. it is a terrific drone and I have been extremely pleased with it in almost all aspects. but I'm going to move on at this point and reduce size and get a mavic air 2 I believe.

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi guys, hope everyone is hanging in there during this mess. I've got four batteries for my typhoon h. Two of them are the OEM that came as part of a kit, two of them are brand morpilot. The two morpilot batteries are a little bit newer and in perfect health. They were purchased on Amazon for $70 a piece. The two OEM batteries, when being used or charged, get a very slight puffiness to the inside label part. The plastic casing that holds the battery together does not swell or seem to have a problem. After cooling down from use or charging the puffiness does go away and there is no permanent swelling. They fit in the Drone and the charger just fine. I've done a couple flights in this condition but starting to get a little bit wary, especially after reading some of the posts with people saying anytime you get a battery that's swollen you should immediately retire it.

I've been using the very good morpilot dual charger/conditioner and storing them properly after every use. They probably only have about 20 charge cycles on them so it's a bit disappointing, and they're only about 2 years old. Anyway I think I should replace them and went to Amazon to get some more of the morpilot batteries which are also 6300, slightly larger than the default 5000. However they no longer sell them. The only ones I found were a Chinese brand (gifipower). Which can be had anywhere from $100 to $150 (USD) depending on the company that sources them and how quickly you get them, the reviews are mixed. Many people have had them be dead on arrival or have crashed their drone from sudden failure, so I'm very uncomfortable ordering these. Should I just try to track down the OEM ones from the manufacturer site?

Not sure why the prices have skyrocketed so much but I guess it's because battery consumption worldwide has gone up significantly. Anyway, if someone has a good source for the morpilot battery or one that they very much like as a third party, please share that information, it would be greatly appreciated.
About this time last year I was looking for batteries for my H but couldn't source Power 4's at that time and the only ones I could see were giffi 8050 batteries. Like you , I had seen mixed reviews about them but since I needed a battery I took a chance and ordered one. Maybe I was lucky, i dunno, but it turned out to be the best battery in my inventory achieving more that 20 minutes in the air.

True that I've not flown this battery very much what with bad winter weather, covid-19, and a stroke, but I flew this battery along with a couple of others a few weeks ago and it did just fine. I'm not recommending giffy. you buy one or not...it's up to you. All i'm saying is that I have one and it works just fine.

Reaction score
About this time last year I was looking for batteries for my H but couldn't source Power 4's at that time and the only ones I could see were giffi 8050 batteries. Like you , I had seen mixed reviews about them but since I needed a battery I took a chance and ordered one. Maybe I was lucky, i dunno, but it turned out to be the best battery in my inventory achieving more that 20 minutes in the air.

True that I've not flown this battery very much what with bad winter weather, covid-19, and a stroke, but I flew this battery along with a couple of others a few weeks ago and it did just fine. I'm not recommending giffy. you buy one or not...it's up to you. All i'm saying is that I have one and it works just fine.

Reaction score

thank you for your input. I'm sure when they work well when they're good. but like a lot of things that are made cheap you can get a dud or one that randomly fails and I don't want to risk losing the drone entirely because of an iffy battery. at this point I'm pretty sold on downsizing as I don't really need a drone that big and it is kind of a hassle to haul around. so I'm probably going to get a mavic air 2. you can get a complete kit with multiple batteries for a thousand bucks. The camera should be at least as good if not a little bit better and the unit is much smaller and for my needs works perfectly for light commercial work.

Reaction score
My two gifi batteries for my 4-yr old Typhoon H are much better than the original Yuneec versions in my experience.

Reaction score

That's the way mine is on the thin label sides it got a bit puffy so once I noticed that I never used it again for fear that I might not be able to get it out of the Drone.

I truly fear the next time something major goes wrong with my drone because I most likely will not get another one.

I have had my share of problems and crashes Etc and I don't want any more problems so therefore I'm being extremely cautious as I can in every aspect
Keith Kuhn

Reaction score
My original 2 OEM batteries for the H were slightly puffy but nevertheless they lasted for over three years of hobby flying, including one major crash . My replacement gifi 8050 batteries seem to remain a good fit (not puffy) after 6 months and have given me significantly better flight times into the bargain.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny D