Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for one with obstacle obstruction

Reaction score
Hello, how's it going? Merry Christmas.

I just got a Mantis Q and am using it right now. I didn't know anything about these before I got this one. I got the Mantis Q because....I don't know, I guess because it wasn't too cheap or too expensive.

I can use this one pretty well but I am thinking I should look into one with obstacle obstruction. I looked into some "10 Best" lists but I just never know what to believe with those. I'm usually suspicious that I am actually looking at an ad for the top one and two on the list.

So can anyone recommend a beginner's drone like the Mantis Q but with obstacle obstruction. I am not worried about spending the additional cost but I am probably not going to use this enough to justify getting a super advanced (expensive) one.

Thanks in advance for any help with this! And if this question is in the wrong forum, just let me know where I should ask it.

-Jeremy

Last edited:
No budget drones have good obstacle avoidance yet. Unfortunately, DJI has this well covered with the Mavic line at a price point that for now for me, is still too high as it’s still no guarantee against a crash. There is no substitute for proper VLOS piloting and collision avoidance usually leads to unexpected crashes because you aren’t watching your drone and at a critical moment, the drone sensors get confused. Prop guards are very good for avoidance so fly with them on if you are looking to push close to objects.

Just keep your eyes on the drone and don’t try to fly real close to stuff. A lot cheaper that way, nothing to blame but yourself if it runs into something, and develops good flight safety practices.

Thanks for all the feedback. I have been playing with my Mantis Q and I am starting to figure it out. I am looking into getting prop guards but I am not sure which ones I should get. When I search "Mantis Q propeller guards" I don't find any that are specifically for the Mantis Q. I do see a lot of other ones for Yuneec drones. Would those ones attach to the Mantis Q? And is there any one that is preferable to the others?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots