Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for the right drone...

Reaction score
Hello everyone new member here. I have been researching possible drones to get for a thermal setup. I have loved everything I've seen about the typhoon h, but the lack of stock radiometric thermal camera is a downfall.
Has anyone attached a radiometric thermal to their typhoon and had the video integrated with the st-16?

Any help would be great! I'm trying to learn the possibilities with various setups.

The only consumer level radiometric thermal camera that I am aware of is the Anafi and is compatible with Flir Tools. The CGO-ET thermal is not radiometric. The Mavic 2ED says it's radiometric but there is no software to process the thermal data and it is not compatible with Flir Tools.

If you are looking for higher resolution thermal cameras, be prepared to spend $5-10K for just the camera.

I am prepared to get a Flir dou pro R. But wouldn't get the typhoon if it were not possible to integrate with the st16

There are a few issues when adding a third party camera to any drone. You need a gimble, power source, transmitter for video, receiver for camera control, receiver for video on the controller and a way to view the video feed. So the cost of the camera is just part of the overall cost.

If you are looking at a 336 or 640 resolution thermal camera for aerial use, the H520 is the only Yuneec aircraft that offers the cameras, gimbal and integration to satisfy that requirement.

Okay that helps a lot, thanks for your replies!
I was also looking at the h520. I may have to consider that. I can always upgrade later. I just need a decent thermal start up that is good enough to perform solar inspections and building inspections.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio