Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking to acquire gimbal calibration software for the CGO3+

Reaction score
I have been trying to email anyone with Yuneec with a question. Here is the reply I get:

[email protected] ([email protected])

Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

Jeff doesn't feel like talking to me. This isn't the only email address I have tried, others fail. What's the deal with Yuneec? I tried to fill out a repair request and it kept redirecting me. I will fly, repair, and use the Yuneec equipment I own but will NEVER buy another Yuneec product new. I am over their lack of response to anyone trying to get parts, help, support, or anything other than a new drone. Yuneec has the poorest customer service of any company I have dealt with. Maybe this is why they lost their government contract and filed bankrupcy

I have been trying to email anyone with Yuneec with a question. Here is the reply I get:

[email protected] ([email protected])

Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

Jeff doesn't feel like talking to me. This isn't the only email address I have tried, others fail. What's the deal with Yuneec? I tried to fill out a repair request and it kept redirecting me. I will fly, repair, and use the Yuneec equipment I own but will NEVER buy another Yuneec product new. I am over their lack of response to anyone trying to get parts, help, support, or anything other than a new drone. Yuneec has the poorest customer service of any company I have dealt with. Maybe this is why they lost their government contract and filed bankrupcy
Go to this link and schedule a service call. You are not going to get a response at that email as it is not for them to help you.

Actually, I doubt that link will work either. Yuneec USA closed the doors. None of us have heard any plans for the US market. They are still operating in EU and AU. As far as I know Vertigo Drones is still doing warranty repairs but I think they are nearly out of parts. There are other vendors for repairs and parts.

Reactions: cabinfourus
Actually, I doubt that link will work either. Yuneec USA closed the doors. None of us have heard any plans for the US market. They are still operating in EU and AU. As far as I know Vertigo Drones is still doing warranty repairs but I think they are nearly out of parts. There are other vendors for repairs and parts.
This is on Yuneec EU site. A contact email form for different countries including US, perhaps it's all being dealt with here.

I'm already registered I've bought parts from before, strange.

Yuneec US has closed their operations down permanently, even though they claim it's only during the COVID19 episode. If you need anything done through Yuneec, you're pretty much SOL.
Better to find someone or a company that can do repairs( that's expensive btw) or do them yourself.
It is getting more & more difficult to find reasonably priced parts for Yuneec birds in the US.
The other option is to source the parts from the European counterparts, however the shipping costs & fees will make this an expensive proposition.

Yuneec kept saying they were not closing but the clues are all over the internet.

I have tons of spare parts for my birds but the gimbals are a different story. I was hoping they would eventually release the ever so elusive software that is needed for the gimbal calibrations when making repairs. It is looking as if our gimbals are going to be worthless since no one can repair them without the software.

I think I will head in a different direction with my setups. I wanted to keep everything all Yuneec but since DJI whipped them in sales and service, it's not looking good. I am thinking of setting up gimbals like the Walkera or Tarot brands. At least I can get parts for them. It would be nice if someone could figure out the firmware of the Yuneec gear and tie it to someone like Tarot.

Well, as always I am left with my hands in my pockets and a dumbfounded look on my face.

Go to this link and schedule a service call. You are not going to get a response at that email as it is not for them to help you.
I went to this link you posted. here is what it shows-

CONTACT YUNEEC
Get in touch with us
yuneec_us_headquarter-faafc7b7.png

Sales
[new number soon]

No number! I have emailed the link they have on their website with no response.

Here are the other emails I have tried and have not heard back from anyone. I get the generic "repair request"

de_DE.png

YUNEEC Europe
Nikolaus-Otto-Strasse 4
24568 Kaltenkirchen
Germany
Hotline: +49 4191 932620

Email: [email protected]
en_US.png

YUNEEC AMERICAS

USA

Sales: [new number soon]

zh_Hans_CN.png

YUNEEC中国(昆山)
正崴东路388号
苏州市昆山市锦溪镇
江苏省
中国
联系方式: +86 180 1268 9922

I went to this link you posted. here is what it shows-

CONTACT YUNEEC
Get in touch with us
yuneec_us_headquarter-faafc7b7.png

Sales
[new number soon]

No number! I have emailed the link they have on their website with no response.

Here are the other emails I have tried and have not heard back from anyone. I get the generic "repair request"

de_DE.png

YUNEEC Europe
Nikolaus-Otto-Strasse 4
24568 Kaltenkirchen
Germany
Hotline: +49 4191 932620

en_US.png

YUNEEC AMERICAS

USA

Sales: [new number soon]

zh_Hans_CN.png

YUNEEC中国(昆山)
正崴东路388号
苏州市昆山市锦溪镇
江苏省
中国
联系方式: +86 180 1268 9922

That photo is actually kind of funny. It is a shot of the building they occupied in the industrial park at the airport in Ontario, California back when they actually had great customer service. They moved from there in early 2018 to a site in the LA Metro area.

It is what it is, and if anyone has any useful technical information they wish to share and are afraid of posting it on the open forum, just PM me and I’ll arrange a way to develop and disseminate that information. Just because the rug got yanked from under us, is no reason to land on our backsides.

...Just because the rug got yanked from under us, is no reason to land on our backsides...

Nope...just on all fours with backside pointed up.....

Perhaps someone should email to see if they get a response! Perhaps it will she'd more light than just assumptions, perhaps they will tell you, you have to send to Germany for repairs now!

I submitted an NFZ Unlock (Permanent) using the new form. Just now.

I'll let you know what happens.....

Reactions: Mrgs1
Yuneec kept saying they were not closing but the clues are all over the internet.

I have tons of spare parts for my birds but the gimbals are a different story. I was hoping they would eventually release the ever so elusive software that is needed for the gimbal calibrations when making repairs. It is looking as if our gimbals are going to be worthless since no one can repair them without the software.

I think I will head in a different direction with my setups. I wanted to keep everything all Yuneec but since DJI whipped them in sales and service, it's not looking good. I am thinking of setting up gimbals like the Walkera or Tarot brands. At least I can get parts for them. It would be nice if someone could figure out the firmware of the Yuneec gear and tie it to someone like Tarot.

Well, as always I am left with my hands in my pockets and a dumbfounded look on my face.
if you are looking for someone to do gimbal calibration, I have someone in US (east coast) that has done over 6 for me and is a fraction of the cost of Vertigo Drones, etc. send me a message.

Reactions: cabinfourus
if you are looking for someone to do gimbal calibration, I have someone in US (east coast) that has done over 6 for me and is a fraction of the cost of Vertigo Drones, etc. send me a message.
I'd like to get my hands on the software. Shoot me an email with his info, if you don't mind. [email protected]

I'd like to get my hands on the software. Shoot me an email with his info, if you don't mind. [email protected]
Not likely that anyone is going to give you the software. They will do the work for you. Contact John @Yuneec Skins . He is an approved vendor on here so that makes him trusted. Yuneec has allowed him to do NFZ, calibrations and more.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Not likely that anyone is going to give you the software. They will do the work for you. Contact John @Yuneec Skins . He is an approved vendor on here so that makes him trusted. Yuneec has allowed him to do NFZ, calibrations and more.
I have a copy of some software that is used to calibrate gimbals. here is the manual that comes with the software. I am looking at reworking this software to work with Yuneec gimbals. Know any good coders? I do code a bit b ut this gets a bit over my head. I am learning though. One of my 3d printers went down and I have been focused on it lately. I have it back up and running so I am going to dedicate some time to my drones.

Attachments

• gimbal calibration software instructions.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 41

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval