Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

looks like august firmware may be the last

Reaction score
with the 1 year old h520 has been released. looks like we may have the last firmware for the h520 barring any changes. just got done with live chat with yuneec usa

with the 1 year old h520 has been released. looks like we may have the last firmware for the h520 barring any changes. just got done with live chat with yuneec usa

If what you say, Terrence, is what becomes reality, it will be both hard to believe and hard to accept. Still keeping my fingers crossed, though they tend to cramp up real easy these days.

Jeff

It would odd that Yuneec would end support for the only drone that flys its dearest product, the E10-T thermal camera, which is due out any day now. Always possible but seems a little unusual.

To be honest I still expect updates for another year or so. Wouldn't be surprised if Yuneec released an updated version of the H520 next summer.

Please sort out the issue with the Proportional Rate (Tortoise and Hare) control and stop the camera over-riding my camera settings when entering survey mode. Please, please!

Do not be fooled, the updates with the functions that were written on the paper during the purchase, you will not have them because they put them in the HPlus.
The H520 helped "save" the business at this time. They bet on the wrong horse by putting the PX4 into the H520 which is unable to give any curved course and will never be. We used to be a pigeon with this camera and now if you want the curved trajectories and the real cinematographic possibilities, you have to choose a HPlus or another DJI device that has all these functions (and sometimes even more than the HPlus).
The art and the manner of being made. Not to say another word.

Do not be fooled, the updates with the functions that were written on the paper during the purchase, you will not have them because they put them in the HPlus.
The H520 helped "save" the business at this time. They bet on the wrong horse by putting the PX4 into the H520 which is unable to give any curved course and will never be. We used to be a pigeon with this camera and now if you want the curved trajectories and the real cinematographic possibilities, you have to choose a HPlus or another DJI device that has all these functions (and sometimes even more than the HPlus).

Claudius,

I understand your continuing frustration. But, (always a but)... if the H Plus is based on Px4, and has what you want, then the possibility of the H520 gaining some additional functionality still exists.

That's what my logic is telling me. Not dreaming, just looking at the potentials from a positive angle versus always negative.

Not trying to bash your beliefs. You are welcome to hang on to them.

Jeff

Reactions: 10-8 and BigAl07

Oh Ye of little faith.....
1) Already seen the 520 doing a beautiful circle in test.
2) + and 520 share the same controller (PX4).

Reactions: digital_steve
So when are they going to put us these functions that all the others have. After a year, still nothing. Sorry, but I will not wait for the H520 to be at the end of life to have the features I need. Bye, Bye Yunnec, I'm going to order the new Mavic 2 Pro or Enterprise.

So when are they going to put us these functions that all the others have. After a year, still nothing. Sorry, but I will not wait for the H520 to be at the end of life to have the features I need. Bye, Bye Yunnec, I'm going to order the new Mavic 2 Pro or Enterprise.

DJI products perform greatly until they don't. I've got a fleet of DJI products Phantoms, Mavics, Inspires etc) but we use our aircraft in Emergency Services and we just can't afford to wait on a DJI Restriction Removal to take place. Now if we know ahead of time (hurricane etc) we can get an unlock but for spontaneous emergencies (fires, care crashes etc) we waste valuable time waiting on DJI to approve the unlock in restricted areas.

I'm very much NOT anti-DJI but there is a lot to be said for a system that is OPEN to fly even in the toughest of flight zones.

I can tell you now that V1.5 is knocking on the door. Probably within the next two weeks and that has POI and a few other goodies. So whatever yuneec US told you is complete BS and they need to get facts right before releasing speculation to the public. Nuff said.

I do not worry about this, my DJI Inspire is like the H520 and does not need unlocking and the Mavic 2 Enterprise does not have lock either.

Nooo, noooooooo, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please don't give out release dates of the updates because otherwise the next anger is approaching :eek:

With the need we have for good news, that the date is not met (as 100% of previous occasions) only depresses us more :confused:

In addition, if we talk about dates, it only comes to mind that it has been 14 months since the H520 was launched, and we are talking about the ROI function.......... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Leave that function in peace, let it come out when it has to come out ;)

This reminds me that last night, at 5 o'clock in the morning (I don't work today after a long time without free days), I was looking for new things to mount a new bird, a big hexacopter, and I found functions I didn't know in Ardupilot, very useful functions that I'm not going to comment on so as not to make anyone jealous. With the H520 we have a very good base, PX4 hardware, the firmware does not accompany yet, is green, but that discovery that I wonder while listening to a song by Manowar (Warriors Of The World) has brought me to mind that only by the patience we have, we owners of the H520 are warriors
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.png

P.D.: I've only slept 5 hours, is it noticeable? :cool:

MANOWAR - Warriors Of The World United

Reactions: plissken
I can tell you now that V1.5 is knocking on the door. Probably within the next two weeks and that has POI and a few other goodies. So whatever yuneec US told you is complete BS and they need to get facts right before releasing speculation to the public. Nuff said.

More click bait. ‍♂️

What times, when we had long hair ... well, when we had hair .. !!!

I thought I got rid of my baldness, but I only dissimulate when I'm well combed and looking me straight ahead.......... :p

Oh, Arruntus, are you taking off or hovering?

I miss being in either way ;)

Don't misunderstand me, it is always appreciated to have news but if we talk about deadlines, we have very bad experiences in that sense, better be surprised when the time comes :)

More click bait. ‍♂️

Please explain your reply.

Click bait is where you are taken to a website for the purpose of being paid for the advertisements that show when you are redirected to that website.

I see no click bait here!!

Reactions: BigAl07
Nooo, noooooooo, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please don't give out release dates of the updates because otherwise the next anger is approaching :eek:

With the need we have for good news, that the date is not met (as 100% of previous occasions) only depresses us more :confused:

In addition, if we talk about dates, it only comes to mind that it has been 14 months since the H520 was launched, and we are talking about the ROI function.......... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Leave that function in peace, let it come out when it has to come out ;)

This reminds me that last night, at 5 o'clock in the morning (I don't work today after a long time without free days), I was looking for new things to mount a new bird, a big hexacopter, and I found functions I didn't know in Ardupilot, very useful functions that I'm not going to comment on so as not to make anyone jealous. With the H520 we have a very good base, PX4 hardware, the firmware does not accompany yet, is green, but that discovery that I wonder while listening to a song by Manowar (Warriors Of The World) has brought me to mind that only by the patience we have, we owners of the H520 are warriors
View attachment 12223

P.D.: I've only slept 5 hours, is it noticeable? :cool:

MANOWAR - Warriors Of The World United

I do so enjoy reading your comments Arruntus it brightens my day [emoji23]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss