Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looks like the US Army just dumped DJI UAV's

Is there any estimate how many DJI UAS products the army using? I wonder how fast or if those units will hit the market for sale.

Guess they found out that DJI was
Is there any estimate how many DJI UAS products the army using? I wonder how fast or if those units will hit the market for sale.

My question is I wonder what it will mean for DJI, I am sure they'll be fine but it is a ball buster none the less.

It isn't just the UAS industry, it's the industry as a whole. This is a part of the whole IoT (Internet of Things) movement. For example, my GoPro, I hadn't used it in a while, and just needed a quick shot, when to use my phone for framing and surprise, the capture app on my phone wouldn't work without a sign on. WTF? Blew my whole quick shot. Windows 10 telemetry is another example.

The thing is it's like yuneec you don't really hear much from them apart from the new drone that will be out this year but I think that 1 is targeted at the industry rather than consumer market for us due to price tag

Im sure they had a really good hacker try to take over the bird, im betting he did it a handful of times. This was a fear 3 years ago about drones. We cant have the enemy taking over our equipment that would be like bad video game in real life situations

Then there is yuneec.
You can fly the drone for an eternity without updating it, and connecting the controller to the internet is a pain

How is it a pain?

Just a few "touches" to get to settings and bingo!

Shouldn't be too tough. Describe your challenges connecting. Maybe we can help.

Then again, could be a particular environment.

Jeff

I
How is it a pain?

Just a few "touches" to get to settings and bingo!

Shouldn't be too tough. Describe your challenges connecting. Maybe we can help.

Then again, could be a particular environment.

Jeff
have no issues with it. I was just saying it pretty much has no chance calling home to yuneec. It's not like DJI where it always is on the net. I'm saying it's a good thing lol

Ok So.... The armed forces are required to stop using anything DJI. The NEED is still there, where do they go next to fill the void? Hmmm,,, I smell a contract somewhere. -M

The military has been having multirotors built by private companies for quite some time. They have a lot of design/build contracts for new product development. The software/web linkage research started over 2 years ago. This ban is of no surprise.

If you have a job that requires an NDA or chain of custody you cannot possibly use DJI equipment and comply with the NDA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop