Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Losing Compass Calibration

Reaction score
I keep get this message in my home area:
"Magnetic interference Compass can't get orientation.
Please move to another location."

Could this because of a NFZ?
I'm using UAV Forecast it says 2 airports 3 heliports nearby
Could the airports be-causing this?
Thanks in Advance

I keep get this message in my home area:
"Magnetic interference Compass can't get orientation.
Please move to another location."

Thanks in Advance
Please explain in detail the steps you are using to calibrate. Where you are doing it as well as what it is sitting on when you do it.

Not likely to be caused by proximity to an airport but certainly close to some type of magnetic interference. Did you try a different location in a grassy area away from buildings and concrete?

Reactions: Louis924
Yes, moved it to new location and get the same error. I'm in very large grass fields. It doesn't come up with the error for a couple of flights.
This bird had a crash and was hung up outside for a week in all kind of hot and rain upside down. It still recover and flys ok except for this random compass error. I wonder if the compass is damaged?

Yes, moved it to new location and get the same error. I'm in very large grass fields. It doesn't come up with the error for a couple of flights.
This bird had a crash and was hung up outside for a week in all kind of hot and rain upside down. It still recover and flys ok except for this random compass error. I wonder if the compass is damaged?
When making a post and looking for help, you should start with the important details first. This is the important details that should have been in your first post. Knowing it was upside down in rain, your problem could be many things, but water is your first problem without doubt. You are most likely going to need to replace the compass. Start with removing it and cleaning any contact points you can.

When making a post and looking for help, you should start with the important details first. This is the important details that should have been in your first post. Knowing it was upside down in rain, your problem could be many things, but water is your first problem without doubt. You are most likely going to need to replace the compass. Start with removing it and cleaning any contact points you can.
Along with that is to make sure the compass module is secure in its mounting. If it is able to move at all that can cause the need for calibration. Just moving a few degrees from the previous calibration position can cause the error.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Thank you for all the help...
I bough a new compass module, I'm waiting to open it up and replace it. I got the module from Vertigo.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33