Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

lost connection

Reaction score
Just got a Mantis Q, and when I tried flying it (from a iphone) it all of a sudden it lost connections and started spinning like crazy and flew upwards by itself and right into a tree, and crashed. The drone crashed into a small watery part and the battery landed on the ground. I read that this happend to others, and is there something I can do now? only one motor works now, before i put on rice to dry.

Sorry to hear of your plight with the MQ.

What were your settings for RTH height in the YuneecPilot app?

Were you flying with just the phone or the phone/controller combo?

How far away was the MQ when you lost connection?

I’m attaching the User Manual and you can find the RTH information starting on page 19. It explains the types of RTH and what the aircraft does during an RTH.

You should contact Yuneec CS to start a possible warranty claim Yuneec USA | Support and choose speak to a Pro. Try using all three options there to contact them.

Attachments

• Mantis Q_USER MANUAL_V1.0_20180921.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
Thanks for the help!
The drone became submerged for about 30 secs before I was able to pick it up from the water. had it under drying all evening after it happend, and got all the moist out of it. When I started it 3 motors were working still, but one of the motors had gotten hit when it hit the tree.
I took off from a small table and flew for about 2 min, were about 5-10 meters away when the phone lost connection.

I set up a service so hope I can get some help.

Last edited:
Was this a metal table you launched from? I’ve heard and read that drones do not like launching from metal surfaces. Truck beds, metal tables, or concrete filled with rebar are all no go for me. My mantis doesn’t even like to be near my semi truck when launching, it gives calibration warnings and a couple others I can’t recall off the top of my head. Sorry about the loss of your mantis, I love mine.

I take off and fly from my deck and if I am not careful and sit the Q on top of a decking screw that holds the floor boards down I will get a calibration warning, as soon as I move the drone a couple of inches off the screw all is fine without any calibration warnings.........that's how sensitive they can be. Not saying they are all that way, but mine sure is !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my