Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost Drone

Reaction score
I was flying this past weekend with my son at the Jersey Shore with some wind, son had the drone up approx. 300 feet, lost signal and with wind drone kept flying away from us. I took over control and lost all control with no WiFi signal and battery warning on, I switched to Home mode and it never returned kept flying further away. We went to the area I believe it may have come down and to no avail gone.

1. anyway to track where it went down?

2. If not does anyone know if you can buy a replacement Drone just the drone and pair to the Contriller?

I was flying this past weekend with my son at the Jersey Shore with some wind, son had the drone up approx. 300 feet, lost signal and with wind drone kept flying away from us. I took over control and lost all control with no WiFi signal and battery warning on, I switched to Home mode and it never returned kept flying further away. We went to the area I believe it may have come down and to no avail gone.

2. If not does anyone know if you can buy a replacement Drone just the drone and pair to the Contriller?
you can buy a replacement Q 500 4K and camera that comes with a ST 10 but if you search the internet and you are lucky as i was two weeks ago you just may find a full Q 500 4K plus . i paid $600 for a new not refurbished Q . how old was your Q and is it still under warranty if so did you have an SD card in your ST 10 .

At that altitude the wind likely exceeded the Q500's ability to fly back. Your only hope would have been to reduce altitude at max rate while trying to also fly back to your location. Often reducing altitude will get the aircraft back into lower wind speeds. It's a good idea to have a phone number on the aircraft for just this purpose.
If you have and sd card under the battery in the ST10 then you can check the telemetry file which will show the last known GPS position of the Q.

At that altitude the wind likely exceeded the Q500's ability to fly back. Your only hope would have been to reduce altitude at max rate while trying to also fly back to your location. Often reducing altitude will get the aircraft back into lower wind speeds. It's a good idea to have a phone number on the aircraft for just this purpose.
If you have and sd card under the battery in the ST10 then you can check the telemetry file which will show the last known GPS position of the Q.
Thank yuo, how do I get that info if I wanted to try and locate, and I was trying to lower it and even did the Home button..

you can buy a replacement Q 500 4K and camera that comes with a ST 10 but if you search the internet and you are lucky as i was two weeks ago you just may find a full Q 500 4K plus . i paid $600 for a new not refurbished Q . how old was your Q and is it still under warranty if so did you have an SD card in your ST 10 .

Thank yuo and bought this one June of this year... and there was an SD card in the camera

Thank yuo, how do I get that info if I wanted to try and locate, and I was trying to lower it and even did the Home button..
You will need to remove the battery from the back of the ST10 and see if there is an sd card in the slot. If so, the telemetry files will be stored on the card.

You will need to remove the battery from the back of the ST10 and see if there is an sd card in the slot. If so, the telemetry files will be stored on the card.

Steve, Yes there is an SD card, do I remove it and place it in the SD card reader or just hook up the Controller to my PC to get files from it?

IF I get files what info will if give me?

Thanks again

Steve, Yes there is an SD card, do I remove it and place it in the SD card reader or just hook up the Controller to my PC to get files from it?
IF I get files what info will if give me? Thanks again
You should be able to get access to the card by connecting the controller to your computer using the USB charging cable. In the telemetry folder will be all the flight files. Look for the file with the highest number in the name. Copy it to your computer and you should be able to open it with Excel. At the bottom of the column for lat and long will be the final GPS coordinates logged. You can copy those into Google Maps to get the location of where to start looking. If you need help, add a .txt to the file name and you can upload it here.

files on card.png

E Bay, just saw one two days ago. Lots of luck,KenN

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio