Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost power went down

Reaction score
okay everyone just bought my new Q500 4K bundle package off of Amazon.
1) sent me the bundle but in the add it said a total of 3 batteries only received 2
2) went on the maiden voyage flew around great loved the handling went thru 1 battery
3) went on second flight on a new battery was at the ball field was about 30' in the air it just dropped at a 30 degree angle (I had the propeller guards on being a newbee) and it hit the ground and broke a propeller guard and the camera separated from the slide mount with three wires hanging out now.

I looked before the crash and saw that the battery was in the 11 volts plus range and had no battery warning. I then gathered all the pieces and went back home and put the camera back together using the supplied wire harness. I then powered up the drone after restoring it and it had 11.4 volts and I flew again on the same battery for 5 more minutes.

I was wondering if this is a normal thing or something I should watch out for, I feel I have a 2 flight drone that is now having to use a supplied harness to make up for a possible flaw in the drone? I did contact Yuneec and they said to send them the flight log which I'm more than willing to do. I was wondering if I anything to worry about them standing by their product. I'm happy that I was able to fly the unit but would like they at least are willing to restore it to it's original configuration and tell me what happened.

What scares me the most is will this happen again when I'm not in such a flight plan that will allow me to retrieve an expensive drone.

Please advise how I should handle this issue, and should I consider this a one off instance or be scared every time I fly the drone?

Thanks

It is not normal.

I would wait for Yuneec to send you the analysis of the flight log. Being that you are new to the Q500 alot of questions about setup and environment from us might just confuse things. There are some that can look at your Telemetry Log on here and tell you what happened. If you want to dive into this yourself then let it known and we will start the standard question to try and figure out what might have happened.

I assume you had a Memory Card installed in the ST10+ Controller under the battery!

If so try and get it posted on here for one of us to look at it also.

here we go gents here is the flight log, I have not heard back from Yuneec today as promised by Email I hope this upload worked

Don't know what happened but one thing you should watch out for is Vortex Ring State (VRS). Google for more info and/or watch this video:

BB,

On your first flight you were getting alot of Compass Calibration Errors. About 1/2 in to the flight you switch into Smart Mode then back to Angle Mode several times. Since the Copter had lost GPS Lock because of Compass Calibration Errors, it had a mind of it's own and that is probably why it dropped from the sky. Later on you put in to Return to Home at about 5 feet off the ground. It tried to climb which it should to about 33 feet then find it's way home. But without good GPS Lock it did not know where home was.

Did you Calibrate the Compass?

On your second flight again alot of Compass Calibration Errors but I see that you stay in Angle Mode most of the time. You went up to 122 ft in Elevation. Near the end of the flight Motor #2 Shut Off with an Emergency. The copter than pitched over since that motor shut down.

Attachments

• BB Flight Error.JPG
    BB Flight Error.JPG
    407.8 KB · Views: 17
Wingshooter I was near some trees in the park and the baseball field had a big backstop that made made of chain link fence? I was near that directly before I departed to the right of that and I'm guessing from distance of travel maybe 5 seconds it went down.

Wow you have impressed me with your skills on reading the telemetry, I can say that my unit has been flawless and I'm the one that is scared to take it to it limits now, I can also say that Yuneec has been great for support, I'm actually amazed they walked me thru some video issues, such as I had it on 4K settings and I have nothing to read that level of video?

I will stay away from those type of metallic devices.

Thanks again Wingshooter and great topic to continue

You are Welcome.

Try to fly it again but select a location that is more remote with less objects that could interfere.

Here is what I like to do as a procedure for take off:

Turn the Bird and Controller on. Watching the Birds Lights and Sounds along with watching the screen on the controller confirm that you have enough satellites locked in for both the Controller and Bird. You can tell by looking at the screen because both are displayed.

Start the motors:

Take off and hover about 30 feet. Let it settle and watch it. See if it is starting to drift alot. If so take control and try to hold it in that hover. After about 20-30 seconds look at screen to confirm Satellites once more for both controller and bird.

If it is stable with your hands off the sticks and it feels good you should be able to fly and not worry. Try it next time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my