Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Low FOG at home today. 150-200ft.

Reaction score
YUN00002.jpgYUN00003.jpgYUN00008.jpgYUN00009.jpgYUN00010.jpg

Attachments

• YUN00011.jpg
    YUN00011.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • YUN00012.jpg
    YUN00012.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • YUN00013.jpg
    YUN00013.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • YUN00014.jpg
    YUN00014.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • YUN00015.jpg
    YUN00015.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
YUN00016.jpgYUN00017.jpg

Attachments

• YUN00024.jpg
    YUN00024.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • YUN00025.jpg
    YUN00025.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
There are days when the clouds are too low for me to fly. I don't want to risk losing my license. I do take risk flying at times, but not something that will keep me from seeing the drone.

And FWIW, while recreational flyers only need VLOS for Part 107 you need to remain 500 feet below and 2,000 feet laterally clear of clouds. So you need at least a 501 foot ceiling to spool up!! Then you can fly 1 foot off the ground.

There are days when the clouds are too low for me to fly. I don't want to risk losing my license. I do take risk flying at times, but not something that will keep me from seeing the drone.
It stayed in LOS at all times.. I don't trust flying FPV

And FWIW, while recreational flyers only need VLOS for Part 107 you need to remain 500 feet below and 2,000 feet laterally clear of clouds. So you need at least a 501 foot ceiling to spool up!! Then you can fly 1 foot off the ground.
I believe I was around 200' AGL, No higher, I was just right into the fog/cloud layer.. if you saw the video you would see that I could drop about 1/2 second and be back in clear skies. the multirotor was in clear view at all times.

Last edited:
Fog/Clouds, Same Defiinition? If so that is a bad on my part and know better next time. this was a once in a lifetime freak occurance where a patch was floating over our block, then dropped lower and dissappeared into a nice clear day. I believe it was a rapid change in temperature that caused it.

I believe I was around 200' AGL, No higher, I was just right into the fog/cloud layer.. if you saw the video you would see that I could drop about 1/2 second and be back in clear skies. the multirotor was in clear view at all times.

Np worries. I was only pointing out the differences between hobby and Part 107. Hobby maintain VLOS and you are good to go (assuming you don't endanger anyone or thing and avoid conflicts with manned aircraft).

I'm curious why you posted a zillion redundant pictures showing the fog level? Opps, 13 pics.

Np worries. I was only pointing out the differences between hobby and Part 107. Hobby maintain VLOS and you are good to go (assuming you don't endanger anyone or thing and avoid conflicts with manned aircraft).

lol for sure.. for one thing, the equiptment is too expensive to be crashing all the time, second.. I don't wanna be tarnishing our hobby anymore than it has been by propaganda by doing something stupid :)

I'm curious why you posted a zillion redundant pictures showing the fog level? Opps, 13 pics.

Mmm,, well this is a forum to post stuff like that, and I thought the way the fog rolled in so quick and low was fairly rare for our area.. So just wait until something really interesting happens, you will get a zillion pics, and I'll be sure to post them in a reply to you first so you can see all of them. :->

Reactions: AllJoy Drone Guy
Mmm,, well this is a forum to post stuff like that, and I thought the way the fog rolled in so quick and low was fairly rare for our area.. So just wait until something really interesting happens, you will get a zillion pics, and I'll be sure to post them in a reply to you first so you can see all of them. :->

Try a video, fog rolling in on video is classic!!

It's really cool to watch these time laps, we have our own guy @JackMTaco here that does thunderstorm time laps. Very impressive.

Try a video, fog rolling in on video is classic!!

Beautiful, and yes, I'm starting to work more with vido now because I'm starting to learn how to use CCC, POV and waypoints much better so now I can have better control of the camera gimbal.

Can't wait, I'll purchase more popcorn.;)
Cool, I'm new to the forum so I really don't know the ins an outs, my facebook page has much more beautiful videos and pictures of our sourrounding mountains and landscapes, I'm just getting aquainted wiht usng a lot of the more advanced features of the st16+ so I will hav emuch better control over the camera to actually put to video what I Imagine in my head, I like to take a good look at the sourounding landscapes, etc, then improvise my video instead of too much pre-planning.. It's more abstract and little suprises will pop up. This is my first post of a few picture, so just be happy it was'nt one of my dog taking a big steaming crap or something.. cause some would consider that art too :) Enjoy that popcorn,

One thing I always try to do is ask myself if an image or video is really worth sharing. Is it something other people will find interesting or is it something that only I like. For example, I have 10,000 photos of my dog. I personally love all of them, but when we are sharing photos at dinner with friends I have 2 pics I like to share. That's sort of my thought process.

73 de WH6QB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech