Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Low voltage alert at what voltage?

Reaction score
Been reading several threads on this, as well as re-reading the manuals, and can't find a definitive answer as to just what the voltage is that initiates the first alert. Doesn't seem to be anything published by Yuneec, and everything else is anecdotal with differing numbers. I know, not that big a deal, I always land way early anyway, but it would be nice to know how low I can go ;). Thanks.

Dave

If I'm not mistaken it's usually around or at 14.6V. But like you I've never hit the warning level, Yet

1st warning 14.3V... 2nd warning 14.1V... Auto land initiates, 30 seconds after 2nd warning.

Last edited:
Been reading several threads on this, as well as re-reading the manuals, and can't find a definitive answer as to just what the voltage is that initiates the first alert. Doesn't seem to be anything published by Yuneec, and everything else is anecdotal with differing numbers. I know, not that big a deal, I always land way early anyway, but it would be nice to know how low I can go ;). Thanks.

Dave
Here this will help you, a must read. ?

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-1.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: brianpk
14.3v. A good pilot, though, will never see the first warning. He will be on the ground changing batteries well before 14.3v.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Here this will help you, a must read. ?

There you go again, not reading what I wrote. Note I said "rereading manuals", the "s" in manuals would imply that I read more than one, and since there's only 1 official and 2 unofficial versions, it's probably safe to assume I read at least 2 of them :rolleyes:. Nowhere in either the official or unofficial manuals does it actually call out a specific voltage for the first alert, or at least, nowhere that I could find. But now that I have 3 definite answers of 14.3, 2 of those from folks that are actually paying attention ;), I think I have my answer. Which also tells me that unless it's some dire emergency or I'm being a total space case, I'm NEVER going to see a LV alert, which is a good thing. Thanks, guys.

Dave

There you go again, not reading what I wrote. Note I said "rereading manuals", the "s" in manuals would imply that I read more than one, and since there's only 1 official and 2 unofficial versions, it's probably safe to assume I read at least 2 of them :rolleyes:. Nowhere in either the official or unofficial manuals does it actually call out a specific voltage for the first alert, or at least, nowhere that I could find. But now that I have 3 definite answers of 14.3, 2 of those from folks that are actually paying attention ;), I think I have my answer. Which also tells me that unless it's some dire emergency or I'm being a total space case, I'm NEVER going to see a LV alert, which is a good thing. Thanks, guys.

Dave
Yes here I go again,
Well Dave you must have not done your research very well, here is a post telling you first warning.
Post # 36 by PatR

All mine top out at 16.6 but anything from 16.5 to 16.7 is just peachy:). 14.3 for the first low warning as well with both of mine. Like you I’m on the ground by 14.5 for 99.9% of the flights. A rare one will make 14.4.

Dave
Oh, btw, you did not mention what version manual manual you were/are reading, that's why I sent you Vcho 3/1

I’ve never flown to the second warning but 14.3v for the first one is correct. It’s nice reading the OP lands before his batteries get that low. At 14.3v there’s very little time remaining before the 14.1v second warning.

I’ve never flown to the second warning but 14.3v for the first one is correct. It’s nice reading the OP lands before his batteries get that low. At 14.3v there’s very little time remaining before the 14.1v second warning.

I assume you mean that you land at 14.5 to 14.3 when you fly LOS?

I assume you mean that you land at 14.5 to 14.3 when you fly LOS?

The only legal flights are LOS, so yes to that. When I hit 14.9 I start closely monitoring the voltage and at 14.6 I am bringing the TH back to land. Have never hit the low voltage warning and plan not to. Have seen too many posts where people run short of power and the aircraft drops from the sky, because they were too far up, out, or both to effect a safe controlled landing.

I've been to second warning just once on one of my early flights with my TH. Also a couple of times on those early flights I saw the first warning at 14.3v. One thing I noticed at the first warning the aircraft becoming twitchy and difficult to fly. These days I aim to be on the ground and powered down by 14.5v but typically am often on the ground at 14.6v. In most cases I've already got the images that I'm after by that stage.

Rarely do I fly anything long enough to deplete a full charge in one flight. Normally the flights are planned to get up, get the shots, and get down with lots of charge remaining. Because of that I try to note the battery charge state under load just before landing to assess the possibility of obtaining another short flight with the same battery. Doing that does require good flight planning and understanding average consumption rates though.

Reactions: Solo6796
FWIW I'm in the camp of I'm on the ground around 14.5V. Its prudent in case something happens and you have to take more than one pass at putting it down on the ground. I don't feel like taking necessary chances. The dang bird cost too much to be cavalier about it.

Perhaps I'm too careful at 14.8 I'm on the ground, fresh battery if I need another run.

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech