Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maiden flight and initial impressions

Reaction score
Hi all, I know a lot of members on here have flown this new Plus for a while but I didnt get mine until 2 weeks ago. Sadly the weather here in Denmark has been non-drone friendly so yesterday was my first attempt to get the new platform in the air. I was positively surprised by the new noise level compared to my old TH, much lower than hoped and the engines and props really makes this bird so FAST in sportsmode!!

However the "airbrake", letting go of the forward throttle, seemed slower which I am sure is due to a much softer stop if shooting cinematic sequences so I will need to get a better feel for that later on.

My only concern was when I landed after my second flight and found that there was a 1-2mm gap between the battery and fuselage even though I made sure to listen for the "click" upon inserting the battery. I pulled it out and re-seated it to see if there was a issue but it then went all in and became flush with the fuselage body. I can easily imagine what would happen if I had flown backwards or made an abropt brake going forward (battery shifting outwards) :(

The overall feeling after flying 2 batteries is very positive and I cant wait to start using this for both recreational use and also providing much better quality output to my end customers. I have also recently joined the organisation called Missing People and hope to provide some assistance in S&R if needed, hopefully "an eye in the sky" can provide support if someone has gone missing.

I have attached a screen-grab from one of the videos showcasing Aarhus city and bay seen from outside the city limits :)

Attachments

• lisbjerg2019.jpg
    lisbjerg2019.jpg
    865.1 KB · Views: 40
I like the crisp clear images of the C23. Even though it's dreary there in Denmark, the picture is fabulous.
So what you were saying, you didn't have the battery inserted properly?

I like the crisp clear images of the C23. Even though it's dreary there in Denmark, the picture is fabulous.
So what you were saying, you didn't have the battery inserted properly?

I thought I had inserted it properly but apparently I either didnt or it has worked its way out during flight.

I thought I had inserted it properly but apparently I either didnt or it has worked its way out during flight.
Unfortunately it can't work its way out.
We do make involuntary and silly mistakes, and hopefully learn from it.:)

Last edited:
Unfortunately it can't works its way out.
We do make involuntary and silly mistakes, and hopefully learn from it.:)

Sure, I have had no problems with my old TH so with the Plus I just have to double-check now that I have seen this happen. Again I always make sure to listen for the click but now I need to check for possible gap too ;)

There have been several instances of sudden power loss on the TH+ and I am starting to believe that the tolerance on the battery latch system may be a touch tighter than on the H480 series.

Instead of just listening for the click, I am inclined to believe a visual check for a flush fit will need to be a required step in the preflight procedure. I already do this with my TH Pro because of the posts I’ve seen about batteries coming loose in flight due to incomplete latching in preflight.

Reactions: Luftdrone.dk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio