Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maiden flight @ Nationaal Park De Loonse en Drunense Duinen (NL)

Reaction score
Hi all,

New Q500 4K owner here! I just got my kit a few weeks ago and ordered the simulator USB stick to get a bit of a feeling with the device before taking off into the skies. I never had a drone or even an RC car but i like taking photo's and video and thought this will enable me to take things to a next level.

Yesterday I got some time off and decided to give the Yuneec a go at a beautiful park in Drunen (The Netherlands). It's a greenzone for flying, no water, grass or bushes to crash the drone in. Just sand.. Perfect! I thought.

Learned quite a lot during this little flight. When getting there the wind picked op and as soon as i took off dogs and their curious owners seem to come out of nowhere making it almost impossible to land blocking the way from the dogs while keeping an eye on the drone.

Lessons learned:

Lesson 1
: Never take of and land directly on fine sand.
Lesson 2 : Make sure there are no loose pets around.
Lesson 3 : Never fly with too much wind.
Lesson 4 : Buy a cart for the flight case.
Lesson 5 : Relabel the "Home" button to "Panic button".

When getting home i noticed some sand on the gymbal and when pushing out the SD cart i actually felt the sand in the mechanism. Whoops.. Luckily the motors and drone itself seemed clean. I took everything apart as much as i could and got rid of all the sand. Lesson learned..

I planned to take the drone with me on my holiday to France, but since the French government no-flyzone'd the **** out off pretty much the whole of france, especially the south coast where i'm heading, i decided to leave it at home and get some extra practice flights first.

Besides that; the flight case is huge and takes up a lot of space. I'll just bring the USB stick and practice some more.

Still the first flight was fun! Can't wait until the first clear day to give it another go.

I saw the dog had a rather high interest in your drone. I would have worn that dog out by flying up and down the beach and over water.

Yup,
Would of driven the poor dog nuts.
Depending on the case you have, it can be use for a takeoff/landing pad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33