Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis G Battery is expanding

Reaction score
I have had this battery for about a year and noticed that the battery has expanded, like its swollen. Is this is a safety issue or a problem? Its hard to insert it in the drone.

Also, I noticed that all my batteries only charge up to about 95%. Should they go to 100%?

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

TIA,

Steve Moore

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 2
I have had this battery for about a year and noticed that the battery has expanded, like its swollen. Is this is a safety issue or a problem? Its hard to insert it in the drone.

Also, I noticed that all my batteries only charge up to about 95%. Should they go to 100%?

View attachment 24112

View attachment 24114

TIA,

Steve Moore
A swollen battery is an issues for sure and you should no longer be using it to fly with. It may be useful for on ground testing. Any battery that is no longer fully charging should be monitored for swelling and probably be replaced. A failing cell is a different thing.

A swollen battery is an issues for sure and you should no longer be using it to fly with. It may be useful for on ground testing. Any battery that is no longer fully charging should be monitored for swelling and probably be replaced. A failing cell is a different thing.

Thank you Murray. Any thoughts on if this would be covered by a warranty from Yuneec?

Batteries are warranted for 30 days.

Just out of curiosity how did you store your batteries?
At full charge?
At a depleted level after flying?
At storage charge using an aftermarket charger and adapter cable?

If you have a multimeter you can check the individual cell voltages of your batteries. The Mantis batteries have the same pin layout as Breeze batteries so you can use the diagram in this post to learn how to measure them. Battery blinking blue light

Batteries are warranted for 30 days.

Just out of curiosity how did you store your batteries?
At full charge?
At a depleted level after flying?
At storage charge using an aftermarket charger and adapter cable?

If you have a multimeter you can check the individual cell voltages of your batteries. The Mantis batteries have the same pin layout as Breeze batteries so you can use the diagram in this post to learn how to measure them. Battery blinking blue light
I have 3 Mantis G batteries for 1 year now. All 3 are junk. They wont charge and all 3 are swollen to the point that they wont go into drone. I am not paying another $270.00 for batteries that last one year. I am so dissapointed in yuneec because I have alot invested in a drone that is good for 1 year. Needless to say I will be buying a DJI now. Patrick P

Last edited:
I have 3 Mantis G batteries for 1 year now. All 3 are junk. They wont charge and all 3 are swollen to the point that they wont go into drone. I am not buying another $270.00 for batteries that last one year. I am so dissapointed in yuneec because I have alot invested in a drone that is good for 1 year. Needless to say I will be buying a DJI now. Patrick P
Once again I ask how we’re the batteries cared for?

We’re they placed at storage charge when not in use? Stored at full charge? Flown to low battery warning then stored until charged for next use?

If you don’t care for the batteries properly they will not last. I see the same type of reports from DJI users that do not care for their batteries properly.

Educate yourself on proper LiPo battery care and they will last. Just as a point of information we are users just like you and are not part of Yuneec, Ltd nor are we sponsored by Yuneec. We have educated ourselves in the use of Yuneec products are freely share that information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin