Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Here are both manuals that are available for the Mantis Q. If you need them in a language other than English try Yuneec.com and select your country at the bottom, they may have the download in your native language.

Attachments

• Mantis_Q_Quick_Start_Guide_EN_V1.0_20180710.pdf
    395.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Mantis Q_USER MANUAL_V1.0_20180921.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 209
Thanks!

I've seen the manual that talks about the return function but mine doesn't do anything when I tap the little return arrow on the screen. Is there something I have to do to set it to work?

I got the return thing figured out but something happened today. The drone was not too far away from me and I pressed the return button but it started going away from where it started. What could have caused this? Do I have to do anything to calibrate it?

And when it is returning, how does it know not to run into stuff? Does it take the exact same route it to when going out?

You need to set the RTH height to a value appropriate for the area you are flying in. It needs to be set 10 to 20 feet higher than the tallest obstacle in your flight area. When you activate RTH and your altitude is lower than the set value it will stop its motion and ascend to the RTH altitude you set, then fly a straight path to the takeoff position and land. If it is at or above the RTH altitude setting, it will just fly straight to the takeoff position and land.

If you take off from under overhanging object like a tree, covered patio, or such DO NOT use RTH to land the Mantis Q. Be sure to read the RTH section of the User Manual, not just the Quick Start Guide. It should actually be labeled the Quick Crash Guide because it doesn't give you enough information to safely fly the aircraft.

Reactions: Rickbat
Also, if you must cancel RTH, slide the sport mode switch on briefly. It will stop in it's tracks and allow you to maneuver around any obstacles to a better RTH location.

If you press the RTH a second time it will halt and hover and you can then resume piloting. You get the same result if you use the Land button which lands the Mantis Q at its present position, the second press of that button halts the landing and you resume piloting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval