Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis Q Poor Video Quality

Reaction score
Hi, guys,
I am wondering if is smoething wrong with my new mantis in terms of video quality. I am not speaking of not having gimbal, I have an issue with the quality of the camera itself. Even if I choose 1080p as my video, it does not look like 1080p it looks more as 480p. I am very dissapointed with video quality:

- 4K - useless, no stabilisation
- 1080p - looks like 480p, blurred details, EIS sometimes does wore job than no EIS
- 720p - no interest of using this

What is your experience wtih the video? Is it useless?

Attachments

• Snímka obrazovky 2020-01-01 o 21.44.52.png
    Snímka obrazovky 2020-01-01 o 21.44.52.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 44
Hi, guys,
I am wondering if is smoething wrong with my new mantis in terms of video quality. I am not speaking of not having gimbal, I have an issue with the quality of the camera itself. Even if I choose 1080p as my video, it does not look like 1080p it looks more as 480p. I am very dissapointed with video quality:

- 1080p - looks like 480p, blurred details, EIS sometimes does wore job than no EIS

Have you compared video flying versus stationary? That is, record some video without your mantis leaving say a test table.

My point is, first determine if the camera is functioning properly then proceed to in-flight characteristics.

Posting a video might help us help you as well.

Good luck!

Jeff

P.S. the video taken with my mantis q is not useless.

What SD card are you using in your MQ to capture video? A good U3 rated card can help prevent blurry , choppy video due to insufficient write speed.

Guys, this is not about flying nor the SD card.
It is caused by the very poor bitrate drone camera is processing.

As you can see from the picture attached in my previous post it is only 20Mbps bitrate for video that is something my old Nokia did 10 years ago.

Do you think it is possible to adjust it somehow?

UPDATE:
I have tested all the possible settingS and found out:
1. - MOV is better than MP4 in terms of quality overall
2. - 1080p60EIS - records the worst video ever. Even the 720p looks better. It is caused by cropping 4k video to get stabilised. However 4k video on Mantis Q is only 30FPS, that in 1080p60, half of the frames are digitally postprocessed resulting in extremely poor video quality

Last edited:
I have the same problem . Ultra low quality. Photo is OK, but Full HD video is like 240p. Snímka obrazovky z 2020-01-29 13-49-36.png

Hi, guys,

My video comes out great on 1080 no complaints just wish I could get the distance that they advertise I get less than a 1000 feet pretty sad since they advertise just short of a mile

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie