Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis Q splits video into several files

Reaction score
This morning I took my Mantis for my first long flight and video taking.
My intention was to record from take off to landing, a long video capture as battery would allow.
When tried to download from drone, I got 3 videos of exactly 5 minutes instead of one 15 minutes file.
Don’t know id this was due to something I did or ir standard behavior.
Please advise or share experiences
Thanks

This morning I took my Mantis for my first long flight and video taking.
My intention was to record from take off to landing, a long video capture as battery would allow.
When tried to download from drone, I got 3 videos of exactly 5 minutes instead of one 15 minutes file.
Don’t know id this was due to something I did or ir standard behavior.
Please advise or share experiences
Thanks

This is normal behavior... join the files in a standard video editor and the result will be seamless.

This is normal behavior... join the files in a standard video editor and the result will be seamless.
Well for a minute I thought it was defective. On the other hand, would be nice if documentation said something about it. Anyway, seems like I will need better planning for shots.
Thanks for the reply

All Yuneec drones make 5 minute video clips. They do join seamlessly as @Eagle's Eye Video stated. It keeps individual file size to a convenient level, especially if shooting 4K UHD video.

Reactions: alecs123
Does this holds true for 1080p?
I get that is more convenient for files transfers... What about if I want to overlay flight data?

I believe it is consistently 5 minutes maximum time, at all resolutions.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my