Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maps

Reaction score
I do not see google maps on screen - Android Phone.
Firmware versions on Yuneec Mantis Q
App v1.0.2
Drone Mantis_0.0.11_E
Remote Controller v1.1.03

Do you have Google Map app on your Phone?

If you tap the map symbol at the lower left you should get a small map there.
6C4EA60B-32BD-4581-9169-EDD62B7A1157.jpeg
Like this
87B9BEFC-309F-4717-AEA9-67FCEE5881DD.png
If you tap the radar in the lower right of the mini map you will get the directional locator.
281A7E82-9BB0-4D41-B1DE-3E048A56D13E.png
If you tap the center of the mini map it goes full screen.
854C93A7-4974-4B3B-8E78-0D5FFAD0C140.png

Attachments

• CCE078B5-1EB9-410B-B45A-13A2F0742BB8.jpeg
    CCE078B5-1EB9-410B-B45A-13A2F0742BB8.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 17
Do you have Google Map app on your Phone?

If you tap the map symbol at the lower left you should get a small map there.
View attachment 11899
Like this
View attachment 11900
If you tap the radar in the lower right of the mini map you will get the directional locator.
View attachment 11901
If you tap the center of the mini map it goes full screen.
View attachment 11902
Yes i have Google map app, and on left lower corner i have white screen no maps, on the right lower corner i have a chinese letters.
I'm sorry for bad english - drone was purchased on Germany.
Thanks for the advice

I just finished loading Yuneec Pilot on my Amazon Fire 7, and what a bummer, no map in the lower left. Looks like Android users get hosed again, just like with the Android version of Breeze Cam.

Sorry for my first post, I assumed the Android and iOS versions would have the same feature set.

I knew you had the European firmware on the Mantis due to the E at the end.

I am guessing there is some licensing issue with the Android version of the app, but your best bet is to contact Yuneec Customer Support for your region of the world and inquire why that feature is missing in the Android version.

Your English is fine, I use Google Translate. You can say what you want in your native tongue, and it does a great job of translating to the language of your choice. The phone app is great, but you can also use an online version with a PC.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, is likely that a new upgrade will correct it, i hope so [emoji3]

Last edited:
So this is weird. I've been testing the Mantis for a while now and the map worked... once. Which is strange. It started working after one of the first updates (can't remember which one exactly), but then I never saw it work again. I'm using android devices.

I would love to try one out, but $500 for a one axis gimbal camera is hard to justify. If it had a full 3 axis gimbal so it could shoot steady 4K video then it would be worth it. As it is, it adds up to a glorified Breeze.

At the moment the maps function is out of service for EU, probably that this will be used with further updates by Android.

That’s odd as it doesn’t show on my Android tablet in the US, but works on iOS as you could see from the photos above.

Yuneec Pilot has been updated. The new Android version is 1.1.0 and now has the map icon on the lower left. I still can't get map data on my Amazon Fire 7, but it may be working on a device that has GPS.

The iOS version has also been updated.

Finally, the maps work after two software upgrades in the last four days on Android phone

Are you on v1.1.0 for the Android?

There has been no update since I loaded v1.1.0 on my Amazon Fire 7, but today the map is displaying correctly and not just a blank white rectangle. Of course, it still has no idea where I am located since the Fire 7 does not have GPS.

Interestingly, soon before (sic) the latest update the maps started working for me (checked on two android devices on which the map didntwork before). Now the maps seem to work OK.

Interestingly, soon before (sic) the latest update the maps started working for me (checked on two android devices on which the map didntwork before). Now the maps seem to work OK.

I had upgraded to v1.1.0 on the Fire 7 and it had the icon in the lower left corner, but would display a blank map. The next day I check it and the map function was working.

So our experiences were similar. I wonder what was the factor that made the maps work properly in the end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430