Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

massive head first damage.

Reaction score
well had 3 good flights and on the fourth at 80 agl and climbing my h520 lost power and flipped over completely landed on right on it head. As bad as that was I lost one of my best batteries which was one of two venom h520 units.
damaged the c23 camera going to need new gimbal top and bottom.
need new slipring wires. other than that the camera intact.
landing gear fully intact they did not hit the ground first.
I have to go over the arms because I did not see any fractures on them.
the top shell the impacted the ground first is cracked and punctured at the gps mount.
bottom shell need replaced cracked at the gimbal connection.
also going to need new internal frame with battery holder gimbal connection torn off.
one prop survived.

• Sad
Reactions: arruntus
the battery that was in the aircraft is now a live grenade.
near full charged still over 17 volts from tuna uav tool box. and forget placing it on a charger to get it into storage mode. big dent at the plug end but it has not gone off yet.
placed it in on gravel parking lot 90 ft from my car. and waited 2 hours to see if it would blow.
It stayed intact .then transported my equipment back to base.
I separated the damage battery from the other good batteries when transporting .
need to carry a ammo box in the future to deal with batteries getting killed in action.
heard two clicks when I placed the battery in the h520. any one else had a yuneec uav crash completely upside down.

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
any one else had a yuneec uav crash completely upside down.
Yes, but I believe it was caused by the speed going forward.
I heard the two clicks when installing as well. However, I lifted the latch to show others how the battery is removed. Even though I didn't move the battery I discovered later the battery lock can unlatch by lifting the lever. I won't do that ever again.

Landing on the top may have prevented more serious damage to the camera.

the battery that was in the aircraft is now a live grenade.
near full charged still over 17 volts from tuna uav tool box. and forget placing it on a charger to get it into storage mode. big dent at the plug end but it has not gone off yet.
placed it in on gravel parking lot 90 ft from my car. and waited 2 hours to see if it would blow.
It stayed intact .then transported my equipment back to base.
I separated the damage battery from the other good batteries when transporting .
need to carry a ammo box in the future to deal with batteries getting killed in action.
heard two clicks when I placed the battery in the h520. any one else had a yuneec uav crash completely upside down.
Get a decent LiPo killer that will neutralise the threat. For that one leave it to die in your usual regime, salt water etc.

well I took it apart and my worst fears realized. lost compass board. lost main board. lost Imu cube it is cracked. lost gimbal cable. it is totaled.

• Sad
okay just gone over the damaged props after going over the logs. And that were the point of failure was found. there was failure at the prop hub. well looks like I over flown those props and they just wore out to point of failure. and they are oem from yuneec not aftermarket.

This is really sad. I'm sorry for your bad experience.
Are there any salvageable parts?

okay just gone over the damaged props after going over the logs. And that were the point of failure was found. there was failure at the prop hub. well looks like I over flown those props and they just wore out to point of failure. and they are oem from yuneec not aftermarket.
Which ones A or B? I remember a thread on here someone say their B ones were excessively worn with hardly noticeable wear on the A ones.

1 a had worst damage at the hub followed by a b prop only good parts the landing gear and all the motor arms themselves. just need new metal clips for each arm. everything else beside the st16s controller is absolutely totaled the mainboard and imu cube dammaged. gps modual dammaged. wifi board on h520 dammaged metal shell dented badly. punctured holes on the roof where it impacted the ground.

Last edited:
Terrence,

After final analysis, is your mishap still considered a power failure, or has it been re-classified as a multi-prop/multi-motor failure?

I am mentioning the multi failure in the hopes it explains the full loss of control instead of a failure of 5-motor mode saving the day.

Thanks in advance for your additional details. Also, sorry the read of your loss off aircraft.

Jeff

looks like multi prop failure some of the other damaged props had moving scuff marks at the hub of the prop. I am thinking the only way scuff marks were made is that it had power on the way down. the battery damage happened is that on impact the camera pressed and snapped off the frame and bounced off the h520. Impact also jarred the battery loose with a indentation at the plug end of the battery. but the motors seem to not have any scuff marks or scratch marks. and I did not get loss on connection yellow screen on st16s when it was falling but after impact with ground. well can not get a break I going to have to replace 4 motors due to wire damage at the connections.

Last edited:
  • Sad
What a bad partner. If all the propellers were from the same time and one failed, they forced the others that were already old and the chain disaster was unleashed ?

Did you notice anything, a discoloration or something in the propellers that have failed?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix