Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Matrice 210 issue....CAA Warning

Fred Garvin

Holding Short
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
Reactions: Steve Carr
It's interesting the US Commercial UAV DJI pilots are blaming the poor skill level of UK pilots. Huh?
The pics are from US operators not from the UK. It would appear there is a disconnect in their reasoning.
I believe the reporting requirements are quite different between the CAA and the FAA regarding crashes.

1553317213824.png 1553317638370.png

Reactions: Fred Garvin
It's interesting the US Commercial UAV DJI pilots are blaming the poor skill level of UK pilots. Huh?
The pics are from US operators not from the UK. It would appear there is a disconnect in their reasoning.
I believe the reporting requirements are quite different between the CAA and the FAA regarding crashes.

View attachment 15301 View attachment 15302
These pics weren’t part of the above URL, was a short vague article. Could you point to the URL or reference on these pics and article. I didn’t find much reference to above CAA, and I’m intersted in the stories associated to the pics provided or if related to warning. Nice XT Thermo Camera in the pile of pieces in 1st pic…Ouch! Are these just random crashes by operators?

Are these just random crashes by operators?
Those pics were posting under the same article listed above. DJI replaced those aircraft as defective. It's a closed group so I can provide the link but the group is moderated by DJI.

Those pics were posting under the same article listed above. DJI replaced those aircraft as defective. It's a closed group so I can provide the link but the group is moderated by DJI.
What, the suasnews url is a closed group, moderated by DJI? Not following... looked like a public post and the embedded link was a caa.co.uk domain.
Not sure i’m following, thanks, please post the full URL, I’ll look at the path and see if I can find and as a M210 Owner, might be worth joining. Looks interesting.

The article url was...
h t t p s://www. suasnews. com/2019/03/uk-caa-warns-dji-matrice-210-owners/?utm_source=DroneNewsDailyEmailMore&mc_cid=21bc847fb8&mc_eid=a732ba23c6.

Ahhh, little more info helps... Facebook forum. That wasn’t part of the suasnews url. I normally stay away from social media sites, although I’ll explore that one. Thanks!

Replacement for the defective machine was a nice move by DJI. If there is a defect, they need to determine and if needed perform a recall or issue the components to replace to insure reliability. The M210 is a massively used platform on the govt, state & commercial side and needs to maintain a high confidence. Personally, my M210 has been flawless... under metal bridges, within operating distance of towers, transformers, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me