Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Max smartphone size??

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum. Just wondering what the max size of smartphone will fit in the controller safely. Still waiting for UK release of the Mantis Q value pack, so unable to measure the controller. I was thinking of the Samsung Note 9, but it is over 6 inches tall, so hoping someone on here may be able to help. Thanks

The phone mounts in landscape orientation for running the Yuneec Pilot app. Specs on Note9 are width of just over 3 inches, so it should not be a problem.

Reactions: guzziknight
Thanks for the response. Although I quoted the height of the phone, I really did mean the width. As the Note 9 is a large phone, along with some of the latest iphone max variants, I was just unsure if it would fit. Cheers

You could try calling Yuneec and opt for sales instead of Customer Support. Tell them you are wanting to buy the Mantis Q and need to know the maximum dimension the controller’s phone holder can accommodate before you purchase.

I scoured Yuneec’s website for that data and could not find it.

Reactions: mickscull
Hi I think the drone captain was using a note 9 on his Mantis Q in a demonstration video which I watched just picked up a Mantis Q Value Pack haven't been able to try yet but bought this for fun as I ve moved on from the Q500 with cgo2 to the Q500 4k then the sold these to upgrade to the typhoon H and extra camera the cgo et
Thanks dave

Hi I think the drone captain was using a note 9 on his Mantis Q in a demonstration video which I watched just picked up a Mantis Q Value Pack haven't been able to try yet but bought this for fun as I ve moved on from the Q500 with cgo2 to the Q500 4k then the sold these to upgrade to the typhoon H and extra camera the cgo et
Thanks dave

Cheers, got my Mantis Q value pack just last week. tried a couple of low level hovers to try out. Very stable. Using a samsung S8, so OK, but was considering a Note 9 hence my question originally. Still got my Q500 4K. Yuneec stuff is good. Only downside to Mantis Q is lack of any type of battery balance lead to enable you to use other chargers to charge/discharge and store levels

Cheers, got my Mantis Q value pack just last week. tried a couple of low level hovers to try out. Very stable. Using a samsung S8, so OK, but was considering a Note 9 hence my question originally. Still got my Q500 4K. Yuneec stuff is good. Only downside to Mantis Q is lack of any type of battery balance lead to enable you to use other chargers to charge/discharge and store levels

Would you take a picture of the connector end of the battery for the Mantis and upload it to this thread. Just use the Attach files button.

Would you take a picture of the connector end of the battery for the Mantis and upload it to this thread. Just use the Attach files button.

DoomMeister, thanks for your interest. Picture of Mantis Q battery connector attached. Any info you can shed on possible connectors would be great. I did try cutting some Mini Deans connectors in half (3mm blade), and trying to fabricate a connector, but was unsuccessful. The supplied charger is a balance charger, but only charges. I was looking for a way of setting the batteries to storage voltage when not being used etc.

Attachments

• Mantis Q battery.jpg
    Mantis Q battery.jpg
    748.3 KB · Views: 19
The actual connector looks like the same as for the Breeze and there was only one person in Europe that was making a balance connector for use with good third party chargers.

I’m not sure why there has not been a harness made for the Breeze and now the Mantis Q to use with the higher quality balance chargers/dischargers.

With my Breeze I’ll run the battery down to the low battery warning and then store it. The rebound voltage comes out to the 50% storage voltage recommended for LiPo batteries after it sits and cools.

Hope someone will eventually come out with harnesses for our bird’s batteries.

The actual connector looks like the same as for the Breeze and there was only one person in Europe that was making a balance connector for use with good third party chargers.

I’m not sure why there has not been a harness made for the Breeze and now the Mantis Q to use with the higher quality balance chargers/dischargers.

With my Breeze I’ll run the battery down to the low battery warning and then store it. The rebound voltage comes out to the 50% storage voltage recommended for LiPo batteries after it sits and cools.

Hope someone will eventually come out with harnesses for our bird’s batteries.

Thanks for that. I don’t suppose you can recall the manufacturer of the connector please. But noted your experience with the breeze....thanks

I can’t recall who it was, but I’m not sure if the connectors for the Breeze and Mantis are the same actual size.

The search function on the forum (magnifying glass) may turn up the post with that info. After the initial search you can get into a refined search to help narrow the field of search also.

The forum search is restricted to the forum and does not go beyond info contained in the forum.

I can’t recall who it was, but I’m not sure if the connectors for the Breeze and Mantis are the same actual size.

The search function on the forum (magnifying glass) may turn up the post with that info. After the initial search you can get into a refined search to help narrow the field of search also.

The forum search is restricted to the forum and does not go beyond info contained in the forum.

OK, an update.... following on from your reply DoomMeister, I posted on this site for a second hand Breeze charger. Unfortunately no response. I then found a second hand one on Amazon uk for a real cheap price, so purchased it and sure enough the connectors are the same. I removed the connector from the Breeze charger which also conveniently came with a JST-XH balancing plug already fitted to the other end. All I did then was to splice and solder a +ve and -ve wire with banana plugs for my charger and now I can use any charger to charge/discharge and set the battery to storage voltage. Bit of a faff and a few pounds, but I'm happy, so thanks for the tip

Hi mickscull just found a pre made breeze lead from eBay item number 263882783680 hope this helps

Thanks but off the clock price wise. £33 inc postage!! Find a cheap secondhand Breeze charger to take apart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop