Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Message to the moderators

Reaction score
Curious, what is the "REACTION SCORE" and how is it determined?

The Reaction Score is the number posts that have received Likes, Loves, and possibly HaHas. To my knowledge it does not increment for each LLH nor does it decrement for a Hate, Sad, or Wow.

It is sort of a meter as to how positive a member’s contributions to the community are.

Thanks for that explanation DoomMeister.
I guess the more you post (useful & positive contributions) that score goes up.
For the record, I have never seen a Hate, Sad or Wow, but then again I haven't understood the reaction score until now.

Have a safe and restful Memorial Day Holiday ??

Reactions: WTFDproject
I guess the more you post (useful & positive contributions) that score goes up.

That is indeed the ideal. But it in the current world, it might be a little bit of wishful thinking. Many members will not react in any manner to recognize your contribution. Don't get discouraged. Lack of reaction does not detract from the value of what you have contributed.

Last edited:
We're missing 'Namaste / Thank you'...

It would also be great if we had one for "agree / concur / technically correct" for the problem resolution type threads. Like a green circle with a check mark in it. A red one with an X could be used to show technical challenge to a response.

The Reaction Score is the number posts that have received Likes, Loves, and possibly HaHas. To my knowledge it does not increment for each LLH nor does it decrement for a Hate, Sad, or Wow.

It is sort of a meter as to how positive a member’s contributions to the community are.
I have noticed that some people say exactly the same thing as others but don't get a reaction, the vast majority are US users and some judging by first name basis are friends. So there could be like for like. And other countries don't understand the humour or thoughts from others.

Last edited:
Admittedly some of that does happen, but that is why only one reaction is logged per post. I try to make it a point on a daily basis to post likes for those making positive contributions to the forum. Unlike other boards or forums I have been a member of, a high reaction score here does not give a member more privileges or rights than one with a lower score.

Thanks to this forum I have those I consider to be friends from many places all over the world. Google Translate is my friend as I use it to address those that have a struggle with English.

I have only traveled a little ways out of the USA to the north and south, but consider myself to be a person that can accept people and cultures from all over the world, and do my best to be accepting of all that join up here.

Admittedly some of that does happen, but that is why only one reaction is logged per post. I try to make it a point on a daily basis to post likes for those making positive contributions to the forum. Unlike other boards or forums I have been a member of, a high reaction score here does not give a member more privileges or rights than one with a lower score.

Thanks to this forum I have those I consider to be friends from many places all over the world. Google Translate is my friend as I use it to address those that have a struggle with English.

I have only traveled a little ways out of the USA to the north and south, but consider myself to be a person that can accept people and cultures from all over the world, and do my best to be accepting of all that join up here.
To me personally the score means very little, it's all about solutions and problem solving. The main stumbling block is the experience the user gets from outside sources, Yuneec US doesn't seem to be as good as Yuneec EU, but US has more stockist and repair facilities, and you pay less for most parts, upside for EU we are still getting new stock batteries. And some countries it's nearly impossible to obtain anything. It could be considered an unlevel playing field.

Reactions: DoomMeister
To me personally the score means very little, it's all about solutions and problem solving.

I see it more as a tool for me to promote positive posting practices. There have been posts that I didn’t personally agree with the poster, but their point of view was valid and warranted positive feedback.

I totally agree with your quoted statement. In the end it is all about sharing of useful information to promote our hobby/business. Of course a bit of camaraderie doesn’t hurt either.

I have noticed that some people say exactly the same thing as others but don't get a reaction, the vast majority are US users and some judging by first name basis are friends. So there could be like for like. And other countries don't understand the humour or thoughts from others.
A lot of the time i never like anything @DoomMeister or @PatR post because they always message me first for the answer....... ?

A lot of the time i never like anything @DoomMeister or @PatR post because they always message me first for the answer....... ?

That’s because Murray is snowbound for most of the year and has a tech library right next to the fireplace. He’s one of the few pilots I know the uses heated props on his Typhoon H!?

That’s because Murray is snowbound for most of the year and has a tech library right next to the fireplace. He’s one of the few pilots I know the uses heated props on his Typhoon H![emoji56]

Hey!!!

Not as often as @Steve Carr, but some of us need to plow a path to create not only a launch point, but also room for the de-icers to treat our ships before lift-off.

All that while @Murray Martz is taking another so-called snow day. “Private and parochial classes starting two hours late.”

Then again, maybe it is @Mickeyboo I am thinking of.

Ah, still fits!

[emoji14]

Jeff

Yes, if you divide your total posts by reaction score, you get a measure of your total worth as a human. If that ever falls beneath a certain threshold (highly secret and determined by moderators), Terminator drones are dispatched to your address ;)

That's why I keep a fleet of "defense" drones on the ready. The idea is to drop a trail of sawdust in the path of the "Terminator" drones. No drone can resist the smell of fresh wood. You can lead them straight into the arms of the nearest carnivorous tree. (It didn't work with my Q500 though. Just kept chasing it's own tail)

The internet is not real, "likes" are not a valid affirmation of anything and people who concern themselves with such things should probably unplug for awhile ")

Reactions: Good time Charlie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval