Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Metal body? parts after crash typhoon H

Reaction score
I crashed my typhoon h. Camera etc total loss. But I think the body is ok but from the inside came some iron pieces. Cant find anything inside what looks like it or that is from the same metal without taking it further apart. Does anybody know where it comes from and what is broken? Thanks all.

Attachments

• metal parts.jpeg
    metal parts.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 39
It’s from around the gimbal wiring. It is (was) a ferrite core. It was tucked into the frame about half way down the wire length. I believe it has to do with interference on video transmission to ST.
You can get a snap over replacement at any PC parts store usually. You should put one back.

Thanks Graig, did search for it on the drone and googled. But cant localize it. maybe you have a picture of the position. again thanks for your troubles.

@Robustos
Do a forum search (Magnifying glass at the top right) Look for CGO3 wiring or camera repair.
Several members have posted pictures of taking the camera apart, and fixing the wiring and lens.
May help. You will also find a few of those cores inside the H body if memory serves me correctly.

Thanks Graig, did search for it on the drone and googled. But cant localize it. maybe you have a picture of the position. again thanks for your troubles.

As long as it’s not banging around inside, anywhere along the wire inside the body is fine. It was originally tucked in under the left front arm on the underside of the main frame inside a pocket created by the molding for the arm mount. You can just tape the new one with Hobby Tape or a zip anywhere secure and out of the way of arm fold. You don’t need the “Yuneec” part as the one they used is so basic it didn’t have plastic around it.

@Robustos
Do a forum search (Magnifying glass at the top right) Look for CGO3 wiring or camera repair.
Several members have posted pictures of taking the camera apart, and fixing the wiring and lens.
May help. You will also find a few of those cores inside the H body if memory serves me correctly.

Good tip as today I have to take one of CGO3 apart to look at the wiring post a minor camera incident. It is possible to twist the gimbal around and pull the wires and for sure I’ve broken a couple. But the shot was so awesome right up to the moment of the mistake. I’ve got to remember to drop the gear when I do that next time but I was totally locked into the shot holding frame. Live and learn and try not to make the same mistakes is the only way forward if you love flying and shooting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech