Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Metering mode and Manual Exposure

Reaction score
Hello fellow Pilots !

New here, and although I have about 500 hours of general model flying behind me I am also very new to Yuneec and the Typhoon, having decamped here after 3 years of no flying mainly because I can't trust DJI or their machines (2 flyaways on 2 different Nazas for me so far :).

So hello everyone, and thanks for such a useful forum !

I have a question about Metering, if someone would be kind enough to enlighten me... my apologies if this has been discussed before - but I didn't find many threads when I searched so here goes...

It is generally agreed (right?) that the best video on the H comes from locking White balance and manually setting ISO / shutter so we expose correctly. So if that is the case, what should we be doing with the metering mode, which can be Spot, Center or Average, or is this whole setting made irrelevant because we are in manual Exposure ?

Sorry if I am being thick, but I am not understanding how these things relate to each other, and would appreciate it if some kindly soul would take a minute to explain it to me ! :)

Thanks

J

Hello fellow Pilots !

New here, and although I have about 500 hours of general model flying behind me I am also very new to Yuneec and the Typhoon, having decamped here after 3 years of no flying mainly because I can't trust DJI or their machines (2 flyaways on 2 different Nazas for me so far :).

So hello everyone, and thanks for such a useful forum !

I have a question about Metering, if someone would be kind enough to enlighten me... my apologies if this has been discussed before - but I didn't find many threads when I searched so here goes...

It is generally agreed (right?) that the best video on the H comes from locking White balance and manually setting ISO / shutter so we expose correctly. So if that is the case, what should we be doing with the metering mode, which can be Spot, Center or Average, or is this whole setting made irrelevant because we are in manual Exposure ?

Sorry if I am being thick, but I am not understanding how these things relate to each other, and would appreciate it if some kindly soul would take a minute to explain it to me ! :)

Thanks

J

Welcome, AeroJ!

From my photography background and experience, when in full manual mode (camera) any metering mode is irrelevant as far as the actual capture is concerned.

With DSLRs, for instance, the metering setting will still have influence on the live readings we can get from the camera, even if we are manually controlling the exposure. I suspect the same is true with the CGO3+ in that the histogram will be influenced my the metering mode, even if in manual control. That’s what my memory is telling me!

Hope this helps!

Jeff

Reactions: AeroJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval