Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Micro SD mechanism won't allow insertion or removal of card

Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem. Yesterday after a flawless day of flying the H+ I tried to remove my SD card. I had difficulty removing it and it required using a tweezers to get it out. Regardless of micro SD card I try to insert it will not go in. I'm planning on doing 3 weeks of work in the 4 Corners primarily in New Mexico in mid-November. I need a rather speedy solution. Issue is the spring mechanism I believe. Has anyone else had this issue? Cards have always been properly inserted and all data written to the card yesterday was flawless upon download.

Last edited:
Never heard of this problem. If you were loading it wrong than it would be a different. but your not. You might have to send it in.

I've had this problem! My H is a manufacturer refurb so I figured maybe that was the problem but I was having a tough time getting the card to go in and out easily.

At times it felt like the slot was misaligned with the spring loader that's in there. I had to remove it more than once with a tweezer. I have since taken time and care to understand the alignment better.

I also upgraded to a nice U3 Samsung 128gb card ($29 on Amazon) which seems a bit thicker than the OEM one and have not had the problem since. I am still very careful to make sure I feel the spring before inserting it.

-C

I've had this problem! My H is a manufacturer refurb so I figured maybe that was the problem but I was having a tough time getting the card to go in and out easily.

At times it felt like the slot was misaligned with the spring loader that's in there. I had to remove it more than once with a tweezer. I have since taken time and care to understand the alignment better.

I also upgraded to a nice U3 Samsung 128gb card ($29 on Amazon) which seems a bit thicker than the OEM one and have not had the problem since. I am still very careful to make sure I feel the spring before inserting it.

-C
Interesting to report your card U3 Samsung 128gb, you can write in the subject:
Compatible Micro SD Cards for the Typhoon H+ C23 Camera

@oliver , I think @h1pst3r88 was referring to the Samsung card he was using in his H, not the Plus...

@Mickeyboo please send me your phone number via PM... would love to get together when you're in the area :). How did the show go?

I have tried various SD cards but nothing will go back in. It only excepts the card about halfway. I will not force it in since there is obviously and issue. It is not an SD card issue...I've always carefully installed and removal was never a problem. However this time the spring would not activate to remove the card. I need to send in just the camera. I went to where my purchases are supposed to appear which I purchased directly from Yuneec I believe it was late April or May (day they were announced) there was no record of my purchase. I'm now trying some back channels to see if I can speed this process up, camera and drone work perfectly with this exception. Thanks for comments from other users. I'm awaiting response from service and other's who work at Yuneec that I've queried I'll let you know how it all shakes out. Eagle Eye which of the four corners are you in? I will be flying primarily on BLM land )Bureau of Land Management) they allow drones. I will try and look you up I'm in a lottery for The Wave so schedule is a bit fluid. I will indeed pm you and perhaps we can chat about places you think might be worthwhile.

I had this problem from a brand new H+ after purchasing it from Best Buy. I ended up returning it to days later for a new replacement.

Eagle Eye which of the four corners are you in? I will be flying primarily on BLM land )Bureau of Land Management) they allow drones. I will try and look you up I'm in a lottery for The Wave so schedule is a bit fluid. I will indeed pm you and perhaps we can chat about places you think might be worthwhile.

PM sent... I'm in Albuquerque, but I would be up for a road trip, depending on my schedule then. Yup, been in that lottery for about six months... haven't put in lately, since I sold the H, but that's on my to-do list.

Lower Antelope Canyon is also a good spot, but would be a GoPro/SteadyGrip type of shooting environment. You just purchase tickets, no lottery. However they do have photographic tours that can be scheduled in the winter months... smaller groups/more time. However special permits need to be purchased from the Navajo Nation, if you want to video there.

Another nearer to me, is also a SteadyGrip shooting setup... Tent Rocks National Monument.

Has anyone had this problem. Yesterday after a flawless day of flying the H+ I tried to remove my SD card. I had difficulty removing it and it required using a tweezers to get it out. Regardless of micro SD card I try to insert it will not go in. I'm planning on doing 3 weeks of work in the 4 Corners primarily in New Mexico in mid-November. I need a rather speedy solution. Issue is the spring mechanism I believe. Has anyone else had this issue? Cards have always been properly inserted and all data written to the card yesterday was flawless upon download.

Mickey,

My current E50 has this same issue, almost.

If I am careful, I can get the card in the slot and can then pop in and out, but not all the way out, at will. If I remove the card all the way and try to reinsert, the challenge for a successful insertion (meaning clean, smooth removal) resumes.

I have been contemplating a self-disassembly, but am thinking I’ll talk to Yuneec first. Maybe when the snow flies around here, again. No need to take out my orange baby then, at least not when a couple H480’s will fill the need for speed.

Please let me know what your fix ends up being, especially if it turns out to be something simple.

Jeff

PM sent... I'm in Albuquerque, but I would be up for a road trip, depending on my schedule then. Yup, been in that lottery for about six months... haven't put in lately, since I sold the H, but that's on my to-do list.

Lower Antelope Canyon is also a good spot, but would be a GoPro/SteadyGrip type of shooting environment. You just purchase tickets, no lottery. However they do have photographic tours that can be scheduled in the winter months... smaller groups/more time. However special permits need to be purchased from the Navajo Nation, if you want to video there.

Another nearer to me, is also a SteadyGrip shooting setup... Tent Rocks National Monument.
Yes I'm familiar with Antelope a photographer friend of mine used to take groups of photographers there with Native American guide. I will spend most of my time in the Bisti area of New Mexico and say wee prayer about the lottery at The Wave. I guess I'll pack my hand held steady but I'm really planning to do mostly drone followed with detailed shots with my Sony cameras. Thanks for the info.

Mickey,

My current E50 has this same issue, almost.

If I am careful, I can get the card in the slot and can then pop in and out, but not all the way out, at will. If I remove the card all the way and try to reinsert, the challenge for a successful insertion (meaning clean, smooth removal) resumes.

I have been contemplating a self-disassembly, but am thinking I’ll talk to Yuneec first. Maybe when the snow flies around here, again. No need to take out my orange baby then, at least not when a couple H480’s will fill the need for speed.

Please let me know what your fix ends up being, especially if it turns out to be something simple.

Jeff
I don't want to disassemble it I'm hoping repair can be done quickly by Yuneec. There was nothing wrong with my cards or the way I inserted or removed them. So I think Yuneec should take a look and spend time fixing the problem instead of me. I have no access to those sorts of parts for a real repair and I'm not looking for temporary fix. Thanks for the info.

Be careful! It is easy to break one with tweezers! Been there-done-that!
Of course I will not continue to remove the card with a tweezers.That's why I need it repaired but I had no choice but to remove it in that manner. This is not a hobby for me and I'm glad I have backup drones which are more robust and compact. I will not reinsert it into a faulty slot much less remove it again with tweezers. By the way I've received no response from Yuneec Service and other channels up the food chain regarding repair query. I've always tried to support Yuneec but it's becoming harder to do lately. Thanks for your advice

A little 'heads up' in regards to H Plus repair. Another Plus flyer here locally had a small mishap with his Plus. He called Yuneec, and was told to send it to a place in NY - that was over a month ago, last I heard they had not gotten to it yet.

@Mickeyboo just a thought but, is there a chance that there is something like a small piece of sand or debris in the side slots or rails? I had a similar problem a while back with a GoPro, the card would not slide in smooth or eject as normal. I hit it with some compressed air (about 50 PSI) and it must have cleared out whatever was in there because it worked.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
A little 'heads up' in regards to H Plus repair. Another Plus flyer here locally had a small mishap with his Plus. He called Yuneec, and was told to send it to a place in NY - that was over a month ago, last I heard they had not gotten to it yet.

@Mickeyboo just a thought but, is there a chance that there is something like a small piece of sand or debris in the side slots or rails? I had a similar problem a while back with a GoPro, the card would not slide in smooth or eject as normal. I hit it with some compressed air (about 50 PSI) and it must have cleared out whatever was in there because it worked.
Ty, that is a great idea...I have an air compressor with a very fine tip I use for cleaning my camera gear...I think I will shoot a stream into it and see if that dislodges some crud...it was never abused and may have gotten a tiny piece of grit inside there. Thanks very much for the great idea as well as the service story. I hope all is well down in gator territory.

As per Ty Pilot's suggestion using an air compressor and a very fine blowing head I blew out the card slot. This improved insertion immensely but I still need to remove it with a tweezers. The card and camera work fine so I guess I can limp along in this manner for a while. I see authorised service can be performed at Best Buy so I will take the C23 over there (despite purchasing it direct from Yuneec). I tried hammering on it with a large sledge hammer but that did not seem to improve it. I notice the flat piece of black plastic above the camera which is where the gimbal lock seats to the gimbal no longer seats properly too. What a shame so much promise but such poor execution and now service issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio