Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Minimum flight

Reaction score
Anyone know the minimum operation tempature. I'm in the Huston area, and I know it's not as cold down here, but I'm wondering if it's ok to send up. It's 22 right now, but it's blue sky's.

Yes 22 is fine. Keep your batteries warm. Your flight time will likely be reduced and land before the first battery warning. Your fingers will be a clue as to how long you fly. ?

Doom is right on the money - temps have a big effect on performance of LiPo's and prewarming batteries (or keeping them out of the cold in the first place) is very important. Also do not expect to fly to the minimums in terms of percentages that one might normally do in warmer weather.

TempLipo.jpg

I was hoping to get some good ice shots, but it seems that if I don't want to go on a typhoon scavenger hunt, I'll just stay in.

My advice to fly in your cold conditions (22F) would be to simply charge two batteries (or more) and for the first flight, keep it close and watch the battery levels and see what kind of time you can get. Then use that knowledge to gage your flight to capture whatever you want to film. 22F is about -5.5C so not too bad. Expect to loose about 20% or more of your normal flight time and plan to be on the ground before first low battery warning and you should be fine. The big thing is to know what to expect and be prepared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval