Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

minimum focus distance with stock camera?

Reaction score
roughly, anyone know? need to do some close up inspection and know that the lens is supposed to work far out. How close is to close for focus on this fixed lens?

Thanks!
Mike

Tom is a clueless DJI fanboi, I wouldn't trust him to review anything. :)

FPVGuy does better reviews, but the basic figures are that the close focus distance is nearer to the Typhoon than you're likely to want to fly - only a couple of feet or so from memory. If you want closer, you'd be better to get a narrower lens or wait for the CI camera Yuneec will be releasing with the H520.

Tom is a clueless DJI fanboi, I wouldn't trust him to review anything. :)

FPVGuy does better reviews, but the basic figures are that the close focus distance is nearer to the Typhoon than you're likely to want to fly - only a couple of feet or so from memory. If you want closer, you'd be better to get a narrower lens or wait for the CI camera Yuneec will be releasing with the H520.
Yup. He seems to post without even doing research. But the reality seems to be his channel is dedicated to DJI. Either way, I agree with you that a different camera would be better for close range focus. I wouldn't want my H any closer than 10 feet to an object though, to give me a safe area to recover within.

Reactions: photomike72
thanks yall, closer than Id like to fly myself, but wondering about the technical data.

Anyone of yall using the Peau lens(es)?

I'm using the 3.77 PixAero. and focal distance is pretty much the same as the stock Yuneec lens. Edges are a little cleaner with the PixAero. If I needed to do a lot of close up still shots the Peau close up lens would be an instant addition to my equipment list. But having three cameras I can do that. I would not fit the Peau close up lens to the only camera I had. In that situation I'd retain the stock lens, shoot DNG format, and perform a 10-15% crop for a closer look.

Reactions: photomike72
Right on, PatR.

How do you like the PixAero overall? about to ship this off to Carolina Dronz for an install. I think the stock lens isn't that clear once the DNG's are blown up but it looks ok when shooting motion. Have seen the comparison vids and really like how the Pix Aero shows on motion and stills.

Did you install or have someone else do it?

Do it! I had mine done at Carolina when I bought my second H. He changed out the stock 2.4 wire antennas for a dipole antenna upgrade at the same time.

It took a little while to learn lighting needs to be handled slightly differently from the stock lens, but if you end up like me, once you learn the PixAero you won't mount up a stock lens camera again. Depending on the lighting you can get a reasonably useful 30% or so crop with it. Because of the sensor size that's pretty much the limit. My only regret is that I don't use a post program that works layers. You can do a lot with the 3.77.

Got the Peau, but I have not chosen to spend much time playing with it yet... still getting my video down. I hope to do a short flight tomorrow to try out the recent expo mods on the camera functions and yaw... if it does what has been described on the board I'll
be much more confident to try out the 8.25 more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline